You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

When I export a picture in Affinity, with well set and acceptable colors, the jpg output gets a pink glow.
How comes, what to do to avoid this?
I do not encounter this ‘pink’ jpeg output in my other programs such as Lightroom or Elements.

A nice picture doesn't have to be a 'technical good' one, but 'different' from all other ones.

Mother earth is a source of life, not a resource.

www.pixeldude.be

Thank you for the reply.
I'm using 1.5.2.69.  Since I'm a PC and not a MAC user ... what is what you want as OS in PC ?
Can you also better define which info you want to see on the screenshot of the app and the exported JPG?

A nice picture doesn't have to be a 'technical good' one, but 'different' from all other ones.

www.pixeldude.be

• Staff

Hi PixelDude Raoul,
Thanks for the info. You are running the retail version of Affinity Photo on Windows. That's what i wanted to know.
The exported JPG should look exactly the same as the image you see inside Affinity Photo when viewed at 100% zoom (apart from the compression).

What i want to see is a comparison between what you are seeing inside Affinity Photo (before exporting) and the exported JPG with the pink glow so i can try to replicate the problem on my end.

In annex,P8232446-3.thumb.jpg.a343969a7d97424c2f09f4d1b2e4b32c.jpg the Affinity file and the jpg file. For printing, I use the jpg in InfranView. I just noticed that uploading of the affinity file already changed the color from the one I have on the affinity screen.P8232446-3.afphotoP8232446-3.thumb.jpg.a343969a7d97424c2f09f4d1b2e4b32c.jpg

www.pixeldude.be

Owen,

Thank you for the answer given but I didn't upload any jpg's. The files I uploaded are Affinity files (afphoto) and a png snap from the sreen. The problem raises when I export the afphoto file to a jpg. So the brower answer doesn't help me at all. How to generate a correct jpg color when exporting from afphoto to jpg in the Affinity program? Since I print many of my photos and for doing so use the jpg files which renders some extra easy tools by opening InfranView, a correct jpg output is important to me. Today,  it means working in Affinity, finding a system to upload the afphoto into LR (which I didn't found yet) and then exporting or not using Affinity any more and using again Elements and LR.
I hope that you can give me an outcome, otherwise using Affinity has no bebefit any longer.

Maybe some of my export settings aren't well? (see png upload)

settings.PNG

Edited by PixelDude Raoul
extra info

www.pixeldude.be

Other export problems exist. To find a why to upload the afphoto into LR, I tried to convert the afphoto into psd to make it LR uploadable ... it doens't work at all. See png.

psd.PNG

www.pixeldude.be

I found a TEMPORARY way around. I can export the afphoto file as a tiff (with an acceptable color variation), uploading the tiff in LR, then exporting in LR as a jpg for printing purposes. 
I hope that you can direct me a direct AP manner to get a correct jpg immage.

www.pixeldude.be

How comes then that a tiff export is showing correct colors, jpg isn't and psd export doesn't work at all? There must be another reason that causes the problem. Maybe it's working on mac but not on pc?

www.pixeldude.be

On the export screen try changing the ICC profile to the one shown below and see what the JPG's look like.

boxer2.jpg

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Thank you Carl,

Indeed, by using the proposed ICC the jpg export is not pink any longer. Does this (old?) ICC setting influences other caracteristics? I always believed that the Canon ICC would be the best for printing purposes on my Canon Pro-1.

Thank you Owen for still investigate this thread more in detail since it seems not to be browser related, and of course give interesting feedback. Thanks in advance.

www.pixeldude.be

14 minutes ago, PixelDude Raoul said:

...Does this (old?) ICC setting influences other caracteristics?

I'm afraid I do not know enough about ICC profiles to answer that but that's how I fix things when I encounter similar colour problems like the one you had.

Maybe someone more knowledgeable on the subject can advise further.

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.