You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Exif data lost on export

Am I missing something? 

Im trying a simple workflow:

1. Open a photo from Photos

2. Edit

3. Save back to Photos (export - share)

However I try the resultant file loses all EXIF data. This is rendering Affinity almost useless for my as its breaking The way my library is organised.

Am I doing something wrong? Is this a bug? Is there a workaround?

any help appreciated 

• Staff

Hi mrplowinc,

I've just tried replicating this and the EXIF data was present on all my exports.  There was an issue with EXIF data but that was fixed in an update in June.  Can you make sure you have the latest version installed from the App Store.  Also on the Export dialog there is an option to Embed Metadata, please make sure this is enabled other wise your exports/shares won't have the EXIF info.

• 1 month later...

Hi there,

I started using Affinity Photo in July with Version 1.5.2 and everything was fine, but now that I have updated to 1.6, I have the same problem - when I export jpg files from AP, all exif data is lost. I checked that "Embed Metadata" was set. I suspect that this occurs already when opening the files, as there is no exif data shown in the EXIF window when I open jpg files - all lines show "n/v". Will there be a patch soon? Until then I´ll have to go back to Version 1.5.2. as I the files are not usable anymore after editing.

Thanks, Björn

Edit: I just saw that this topic is actually in the iPad-Thread - I have that problem on a Win 10 PC.