You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

export persona. know the exported file size insetting?

saving jpg and png is the better way to use images in the web.

there is a way to know the average kb size of the image to export, while using settings and parameter in order to evaluate the right compromise between size and quality?
(something like "save for web" in photoshop)

• Staff

Hi resunoiz,

Estimated file sizes and export presets may be added to the Export persona later on as more improvements are planned. If you are exporting your entire document, you can use File > Export, which will show an estimated file size.

Once the topic is close, let's ask a few questions.
I make a web banner in the designer, and when I try to export, on all banners I have white one-pixel edges appearing, but on layouts everything is clear.

Problem001.thumb.PNG.86eb1993973d82a0d248b3eb2a8eb790.PNG

How to delete these edges? In the area of export, the areas of the knife are not exactly in the art boards with exports? I'm trying to fit it to the art board, but it jumps for 1 pixel ...

Problem002.thumb.PNG.3ee286fbaaac9afbffb878867ceadae8.PNG

I hope I got a clear question. Thank you.

UX/UI Designer & Affinity Designer user on Facebook | on Behance | on Dribbble

AMD FX-9370 Eight-Core (Vishera)/ 4.4GHz/ NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB/ SSD/ HDD1TB / DDR3 2x8GB

20 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi FriendDesign,

Are you using artboards for the banners? Check if their X,Y coordinates are integer values. If not adjust them and try export again.

Hi Meb, Thanks for the quick response. How to check the x and y coordinates? The sizes of the regions are the same.

AMD FX-9370 Eight-Core (Vishera)/ 4.4GHz/ NVIDIA GeForce GTX 750 Ti 2GB/ SSD/ HDD1TB / DDR3 2x8GB

• Staff

Select the artboard in the Layers panel and check the X, Y values in the Transform panel. Make sure you are displaying more than one decimal place in the Transform panel going to Affinity Designer Preferences, User Interface section and increasing the number in Pixels field in the Decimal Places for Unit Types section.

8 minutes ago, MEB said:

Select the artboard in the Layers panel and check the X, Y values in the Transform panel. Make sure you are displaying more than one decimal place in the Transform panel going to Affinity Designer Preferences, User Interface section and increasing the number in Pixels field in the Decimal Places for Unit Types section.

OH NO! It's all so simple !!! Thank you!! Everything turned out;))).

There is one more nuance associated with performance. I have a powerful computer, but I constantly feel the designer hanging up. This happens after I add 5 or more artboards to the file. I increased the file size in the settings, but it does not help, it starts to crumble sometimes ... What should I do?

• Staff

If you enable Force Pixel Alignment from the beginning you can prevent the artboards from picking non-integer values for their coordinates when you move them.

Are you having performance issues with all files in general or it's just with a specific one where you have several artboards? Are you using large vector textures or a high number of layer effects (shadows, blurs etc) in several objects? There's quite a few factors that can contribute to performance issues... Are you able to pinpoint what operations or types of objects slow down the computer considerably when you are performing/manipulating them?

• Staff

Hi FriendDesign

I'm splitting this thread in two and moving your last post to a new thread in the Bugs on Windows section were it can be easily followed by the Windows QA team as an independent issue. Here's the link to that thread: 

Feel free to edit it/complete it if needed since it's now out of its original context.

You can enable Force Pixel Alignment in the main toolbar, or in the Snapping Manager dialog (see screenshot below).

force_pixel_alignment.jpg