You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Crash on Multiple Slices

In Designer Betas 9 and 10, there is an issue with adding slices. I wanted to export sketches of 31 different layers to later animate. In the Export Persona and in the Layers Panel, if I try to either slice all or several at once, the program crashes. It seems that I am only able to slice each layer individually.

Does this occur to anyone else?

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

• Staff
On 9/15/2017 at 2:54 PM, Bri-Toon said:

In Designer Betas 9 and 10, there is an issue with adding slices. I wanted to export sketches of 31 different layers to later animate. In the Export Persona and in the Layers Panel, if I try to either slice all or several at once, the program crashes. It seems that I am only able to slice each layer individually.

Does this occur to anyone else?

Hi Bri-Toon,

I've just tried this myself on a document that contains lots of groups and layers and all the slices were created without a problem. Does this happen every time for you on your document? If so could you attach the offending document please?

Thank you for your response. I don't think it would matter, but these are all sketch layers.

U-Man_Animation.afdesign

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

• Staff

Thanks for the file! I've figured out what the problem is. In your document your Slice 21 pixel layer is empty. If you try to create a Slice from an empty pixel layer it causes the crash you are seeing - presumably because it has no height or width to create the slice. If you delete that you can bulk create your slices without a problem

I'll get that passed onto development. Thanks :)

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.