You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Transforming relatively or absolute ?

Hi again,

here another Question has come up about a affinity Photo feature...

in Photoshop by scaling or moving objects , i can scall objects by using % ore move them relatively or absolutely.    Now how do i do this in the transform area ? Did i miss anything ?  Can i transform a rectangular object for example relativeley to its positoin and also absolutely on the document, can i type in i want my rectangular get scalled up 150% ?  and if so where do i find theses settings ?

greetings, Tom

• Staff

The Transform panel show the units selected for the document. Click the View Tool (the hand icon) and check the units on the context toolbar on top.The only options you have to "force" other units is for lines and text - you can display them in points - no matter the document unit. You can find them in Affinity Preferences, User Interface section.

2 hours ago, MEB said:

Click the View Tool (the hand icon) and check the units on the context toolbar on top.

BTW, It looks like the View Tool is the fastest way to switch units. But why is it on the toolbar of View Tool? Why not put it on the Transform panel?

For example, if you made a layout in the units you need (mm), and now you need to look at the resolution of some elements.

This can be done instantly if you set up units on the Transform panel. 

Thanks!

Units_Rollout.png.59df8344a0d0b4a0989ea81429006c14.png