You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Designer Customer Beta (1.6 - Beta 10)

On 9/15/2017 at 9:49 AM, MattP said:

Hmmm.... not happening for me, otherwise I would've fixed it! :( Is anyone else able to reproduce this? Thanks!

Hang on: Have you set the 'Retina rendering:' options to something other than the 'Automatic (Best)' setting?

Hi Matt - yes this happens to me as well when there is no artboard in the document.  Please start by creating a document without an artboard and then use the pixel paint brush.  Then add an artboard and that painting outside the borders disappears but it's still glitchy, especially with some phantom squares outside and some edge strangeness as you paint around the edges of the artboard

Beta 10 still has clipping issues when importing SVGs.   Not exporting - that goes well if I give an exported SVG to someone who has Illustrator for instance, or even my own exported SVG read back into Designer.  I can provide an example if you wish. 

• Staff
2 hours ago, abarkalo said:

Hi Matt - yes this happens to me as well when there is no artboard in the document.  Please start by creating a document without an artboard and then use the pixel paint brush.  Then add an artboard and that painting outside the borders disappears but it's still glitchy, especially with some phantom squares outside and some edge strangeness as you paint around the edges of the artboard

I'm still struggling to reproduce this. Are you using an RGB/8 document or something else? :) If I can reproduce it, I can fix it! :) 

About Corner, can you add an option when we scale objects ? If I have a shape with a corner value = 3 for example, I scale my shape x2, the logic would be a corner value = 3x2 but it's always the same corner value regardless the size…

We must bake corners but it's a poor solution.

• Staff
On 15/09/2017 at 5:32 PM, Oval said:

The other black hole:

Double-click on a handle of a single-segment vertical/horizontal line still results into something like a non-existent curve: two nodes on the same position.

Oval I have already replied to you saying this has been reported to development. It is just waiting for a fix from the development team. 

• Staff
On 9/15/2017 at 6:48 PM, matt said:

Artboard name text rendering is missing certain rows of pixels in Metal mode:

59bc11ffb30b5_ScreenShot2017-09-15at18_45_13.png.b03304eab43ae694c07f015e1eb885d7.png

Compare to OpenGL mode:

59bc12599b2ee_ScreenShot2017-09-15at18_47_36.png.de57a2e544cb1504e91fc8806431cc45.png

1.6 beta 10

13" rMBP early-2013

Thanks Matt,

I've reproduced this. It looks like it is specific to the word (more specfically letters) used. For example Artboard didn't display the issue, but Artboardy did - because the descender on the Y was pushing the text up. If you take the G out of Rectangle it will display ok.

I'll get this passed on to development.

3 hours ago, lenogre said:

About Corner, can you add an option when we scale objects ? If I have a shape with a corner value = 3 for example, I scale my shape x2, the logic would be a corner value = 3x2 but it's always the same corner value regardless the size…

We must bake corners but it's a poor solution.

For basic shapes (like rectangles), you can simply uncheck the "absolute sizes" and the corner radius will scale with your object (because it's now relative to the size of the object).

59c0ec7ea4c75_ScreenShot2017-09-19at12_06_55.png.8bf239f947e50472d14f5c8bfb385bdb.png

If you're talking about the corner tool, then yes I don't think it's possible right now :(

• Staff
17 minutes ago, Sean P said:

Thanks Matt,

I've reproduced this. It looks like it is specific to the word (more specfically letters) used. For example Artboard didn't display the issue, but Artboardy did - because the descender on the Y was pushing the text up. If you take the G out of Rectangle it will display ok.

Hopefully the new version will work better for you...

59c0ee1ba951f_ScreenShot2017-09-19at11_11_14.png.d6becfae2b46642a8a182552869b3e8f.png

• Staff
On 9/17/2017 at 5:10 PM, matt said:

"create artboard" checkbox does not persist across invocations of the New Document dialog box. 

changing "page preset" automatically checks/enables it 

https://transfer.sh/11V4Xu/artboard.mov

1.6 beta 10

1.6 beta 9

1.55 appstore

Screen Shot 2017-09-17 at 17.09.35.png

Hi Matt,

I believe this is currently By Design. All of the Device Presets have been saved with the Create Artboard option enabled - simply because we feel that many UI/UX designers are going to be dealing with lots of different screens so are likely to be using artboards.

However we do have an improvement logged about that checkbox retaining its status when the dialog is re-invoked.

8 hours ago, Sean P said:

already replied to you saying this has been reported to development

Sorry, we were of the opinion that so small errors, which were not corrected after two betas, should be reported again to avoid that they will be overlooked. 

On 19/09/2017 at 10:56 AM, Sean P said:

Thanks Matt,

Sweet, thanks!

7 hours ago, Nguyen Ha said:

View Tool is still flickering when using rapidly, it jumps to random spots which make me feeling lost. (watch video below).

AD_beta10_viewtool.mp4

This looks fine to me. When using rapidly, it will get confusing for sure, but I didn't see any flickering.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

On 9/18/2017 at 5:30 AM, MattP said:

I'm still struggling to reproduce this. Are you using an RGB/8 document or something else? :) If I can reproduce it, I can fix it! :) 

Matt - sorry for delay in responding (traveling).  Yes this issue is with ether RBG/8 or 16 but only while in Pixel personal and when painting with the regular brush.  When I switch over to regular persona that weirdness is gone.  

There are some issues with some fonts that cause AD to crash - predictably, and each time with a particular font when I access the OpenType features.  I've checked the fonts (also with TransType4), re-installed, wiped my system but still there are some font problems especially from a big name whose name goes unmentioned here.  I wrote to him and he was puzzled.  Everything seems to check out.  But then I tried the same with AD MAS and there was zero problem so I'm convinced it's the beta.  I'm attaching the crash screen grab but can also send a report.

Screen Shot 2017-09-22 at 11.26.56 PM.png

I'm seeing vector brush lines with full size variance based on pressure not being able to ramp up from zero thickness, and instead have a blob to start (drawing on Wacom Cintiq connected to MBP). It seems like the rest of the line variation is improving over 1.5.5 which seemed to not register the pressure sensitivity as well, but hoping it continues to improve along with getting rid of this blob tip.

thanks,

-damian

Capto_Capture 2017-09-25_12-40-15_AM.png

• Staff
1 hour ago, dorkboycomics said:

I'm seeing vector brush lines with full size variance based on pressure not being able to ramp up from zero thickness, and instead have a blob to start (drawing on Wacom Cintiq connected to MBP). It seems like the rest of the line variation is improving over 1.5.5 which seemed to not register the pressure sensitivity as well, but hoping it continues to improve along with getting rid of this blob tip.

thanks,

-damian

Capto_Capture 2017-09-25_12-40-15_AM.png

Hopefully I've already fixed this for the next beta - just making a few tweaks before I release it :) Thanks for the report though - it's appreciated :)

Hi I've got a pretty huge problem with Affinity Designer, when I use it on a second screen HP Pavillion 2560x1440 theres is a lot of glitch making Affinity Designer useless.

If I use the pencil I doN't see all the lines, and when I do for example a rectangle it doesn't fully fill, on ly when i click on it pretty wierd and frustrating.

Working with the last Macbook Pro with Radeon Pro 4Gb, Sierra 10.12.6, 2,9Ghz i7, 16Gb DDR3. Affinity Designer 15.5

I put a picture so you see the blue rectangle of my shape, but you see the fill is not full and all the brown rectangles that you see are incomplete.

Does the 1.6 beta will fix this?

Thank You

22015267_10155667817256168_2144307448_o.png

• Staff
15 hours ago, G.M.1986 said:

Does the 1.6 beta will fix this?

Thank You

You can download the beta and check for yourself. The 1.6 beta doesn't overwrite the Mac App Store version and has totally different settings - so it is completely independent from the Mac App Store version. The only thing that is required is that the Mac App Store version is installed to the root of your Applications folder.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.