You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Why Can't I Use My Brush?

So, I was chugging merrily along, thinking I knew what I was doing and where I was going...

I made a simple watermark brush. To make sure that I was "doing it right", I went back and referred to a tutorial (https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZCIdx9I2SUQ). I tested it on a random image, worked. So I moved on.

I had some work in Affinity Designer I wanted to watermark. So, I File->Edit in Photo'd the image. Then I created a new pixel layer, selected the Brush tool, and selected my watermark brush.

Then I got confused. My brush was just an outline and trying to paint it into the selected pixel layer did nothing.

I stepped back, opened a random image again, added a pixel layer, and successfully used the brush.

Why can't I paint a brush into a pixel layer on a Designer image sent to and edited in Photo?

Subsequent question:

On going back and trying to figure this out, I exported the image I wanted to watermark from Designer to a JPG. I open the JPG in Photo and add a pixel layer. Now I get REALLY confused. I can open another JPG image, add a pixel layer, paint the watermark into the layer: success. But I cannot repeat this with this exported JPG (exported from Designer). My brain is hurting.

• Staff

Hi claycle,

Can you provide screenshots of your project once you have selected Edit in Photo, created a new pixel layer and have used your watermark brush. Also ones of the exported JPEG from Designer and imported into Photo to have the watermark applied or a video of the two processes.