SigsCreations

Designer: how to constrain paintbrush to straight line?

My trial of photo timed out and I can't buy it until payday so am trying to finish up my project in Designer.

I found how to paint with a texture, but need a way to do it with a straight line. I've tried control, alt, and shift and none of those seemed to make it paint in a straight line.

I'm putting it on a pixel layer and then masking it onto my vector layer and that part is working well to get rid of the "overpaint" areas. But this is a very long line I need to draw and I can't seem to paint it straight.

thanks

Sig

You can paint a straight line by clicking where you want the line to begin and then Shift-clicking where you want it to end, but there is currently no automatic way to constrain the line to be perfectly horizontal or vertical: you would need to use guides for that.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.1.404 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.1.143 • Designer for iPad 1.7.1.1 • iOS 12.4 (iPad Air 2)

27 minutes ago, Alfred said:

.... but there is currently no automatic way to constrain the line to be perfectly horizontal or vertical: you would need to use guides for that.

I have in the past used the selection tools to create perfectly horizontal or vertical selections, which I have then painted on.

Which can be useful in some (but not all) situations.

Due to the ongoing Brexit negotiations, punctuation, spelling and grammar will be used sparingly until further notice.