Stephenmex

Suddenly cannot export in PNG, also image quality has declined

1 minute ago, MEB said:

Hi Stephenmex,
I've just checked the logs. This was fixed in version 1.5.4 and so never affected the Windows versions since they were released around the same time (not sure about which build the first Window version was based on).

With the previous versions (<1.54) if you exported an image with Transparent background unchecked (so the canvas was white) as PNG-24 it would export as transparent. As i said we changedthis behaviour so from 1.54 forward we always honour the background setting. I believe this is the issue you are referring to.

Hi MEB,

Bingo exactly!  I was at a loss to understand why this was happening.  What I found strange was I had been using the same process nearly all year and only this week this issue occurred so I don't know what has happened.  Thank you so much for clarifying this issue, so for future reference to ensure a transparency in the exports, transparent background must be checked I assume when exporting in PNG?

13 minutes ago, Stephenmex said:

... Could I ask if you had any differences in the quality of the export?

Hi, no I cant see any real difference in the quality of the exports

14 minutes ago, Stephenmex said:

... I would like to say thank you to you Carl123 for your help.

No problem, I like a good mysterious problem every now and again.

I guess us Windows folk will encounter the change to how transparency works in a later update

Due to the fact that Boris Johnson is now our Prime Minister, punctuation, spelling and grammar will never be worried about ever again.  We now have far bigger problems to be concerned about.

Hi Carl123,

Ha ha very good, yes I think you guys are like Sherlock Holmes and I feel like Inspector Clouseau! Yes it appears that there is a slight blurring around the edge of images when exported.  Not as sharp and crisp as before, the graphics are for the web.

2 minutes ago, MEB said:

The Windows version is working correctly (the same as the current Mac version in this regard). Both honor the document transparent background option. Am i missing something?

I'm now too confused to continue with this thread.

Time to log off and get ready for some beers, later tonight

Due to the fact that Boris Johnson is now our Prime Minister, punctuation, spelling and grammar will never be worried about ever again.  We now have far bigger problems to be concerned about.