You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Gaussian blur digital panel does not read roperly

I was carrying out an exercise using the AP  beta 1.6.0.82.

I needed to add a lot of Gaussian blur (above 100%). This I did successfully by click drag to the right. But in the beta version the digital readout would not show a value above 100%.

I checked this in AP 1.5, and it worked successfully.

A minor bug, but it needs to be addressed sometime.

GrahamMYC - do you mean 100px?  

I applied a Live Gaussian Blur filter to a layer and the default layout of the blur window is to provide a Radius slider from 0 to 100px.  I can exceed 100px by clicking, holding and dragging my mouse up, down, left or right.  The readout and slider move accordingly and display above 100px (I could go as high as 1024px).

12 minutes ago, crlogic said:

GrahamMYC - do you mean 100px?  

I applied a Live Gaussian Blur filter to a layer and the default layout of the blur window is to provide a Radius slider from 0 to 100px.  I can exceed 100px by clicking, holding and dragging my mouse up, down, left or right.  The readout and slider move accordingly and display above 100px (I could go as high as 1024px).

Yes - sorry

• Staff

Hey, sorry if I've misunderstood something but you shouldn't be able to drag the slider past 100 px but you should be able to enter a value up to 1024 px in the box. Scrolling with the mouse wheel will also allow you to go past 100 px. 

Both release and beta are showing me the same behavior. 

Chris B: With regard to dragging to increase px ( or %) have a look at this video (Official Affinity) https://player.vimeo.com/video/187632201/

AS it turns out,I misreportedthe problem Working with Gaussian blur, the amount can be increased beyond 100 pix either with the mousewheel or by the slider method. BUt when you add noise the wheel will not take you beyond 100% but the slider will (though the number shown does not go beyond 100%). This works properly in AP1.5. (If you are wonderng why I would want to add that much noise, it is one way of adding rain to an image on a black pixel layer - you add a motion blur to the noise, and a suitable blend mode)

• 2 weeks later...

If you drag it to 100% then click on the photo and drag the numbers will go way past 100%

Affinity Designer 2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212 Affinity Photo 2.2.2075  beta 2.3.1.2212Affinity Publisher  2.2.2075 & beta 2.3.1.2212

Windows 11 Pro Version    22H2
OS build    22621.1928
Processor    Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-10700 CPU @ 2.90GHz   2.90 GHz
Installed RAM    16.0 GB (15.7 GB usable)
System type    64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

yoda.png

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.