Michael A. Trevino

Can't fill text

4 posts in this topic

Making a book cover.  I've created 2 text fields and filled with a particular color.  It's not letting me fill the third text field.  I've tried deleting and creating a new one.  Not sure what I'm missing or if it's a bug.

I got it to work.  But I have no idea how i got it to work.  I merely dragged the text layer to a different spot in the lineup.  Worked on it forever this morning and nothing would make it fill.  Kept not showing up as the background color was dark.

Hi Michael A. Trevino

To change the fill of a text object you need to select the entire frame with the move tool and change the colour or highlight the specific text with the text tools and change the colour. You can onl change the colour of the text in Affinity, you are unable to give the entire frame it's own background fill

Cheers 

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

2 hours ago, Chris_K said:

Hi Michael A. Trevino

To change the fill of a text object you need to select the entire frame with the move tool and change the colour or highlight the specific text with the text tools and change the colour. You can onl change the colour of the text in Affinity, you are unable to give the entire frame it's own background fill

Cheers 

Chris, thank you for responding.  The answer to my dilemma was very simple once I gained a further understand of how layers work.  I was watching another video later on that showed me why I was able to get it to work when I "moved" the layer.  I had it below the background layer.  Something so simple, but so frustrating if you don't realize the layers are stacked in a particular order for a reason.  Hopefully my bonehead mistake will help someone else who is making the same mistake as they learn to use the product.

MT