You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

1.6 beta 8 opens wormhole

• Staff

Hey owenr,

I've definitely had this happen to me before. I believe it might have happened after using the align buttons. Did you manage to see what the height was of the objects? When I reported it, my object had a height of 0.

Edit - It might not be the align tools as I can no longer reproduce it in the beta (we have it marked as fixed) so something else could be triggering it. But let me know if you use the align tools at all.

I have this problem on Beta 9 8 as well. Things jump around when I perform Align/Copy+Paste/etc on constraint-edited objects. Specifically when I copy an object from inside a constraint group and paste it on another constraint group.

I attached a document where you can reproduce the off-canvas pasting behaviour. Since there's no cross-artboard pasting going on and the document is small, the effect is minimized (the pasted object is just right outside the artboard).

Bug 46677.afdesign

Bug 46677.png

• Staff
On 9/16/2017 at 5:34 AM, jemhuntr said:

I have this problem on Beta 9 8 as well. Things jump around when I perform Align/Copy+Paste/etc on constraint-edited objects. Specifically when I copy an object from inside a constraint group and paste it on another constraint group.

I attached a document where you can reproduce the off-canvas pasting behaviour. Since there's no cross-artboard pasting going on and the document is small, the effect is minimized (the pasted object is just right outside the artboard).

Bug 46677.afdesign

Thanks for the files, I've been able to reproduce the issue and will get it passed onto development.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Staff

We believe this issue has been addressed in beta 1.6 beta 12. Please retest and confirm.

If the object has constraints, it appears correctly after applying constraints within its new container, however objects without constraints will not be moved 'magically' and will instead appear as per the normal paste logic.

Patrick Connor
Serif Europe Ltd

"There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man. True nobility lies in being superior to your previous self."  W. L. Sheldon

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.