You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Does Affinity still appear in 2017?

I have the impression that Serif's schedule is no longer correct. One reason is certainly the development of the iPad app that I had never understood.
So my question: Is the statement still true that Affinity Publisher appears in 2017 as a public beta?

11 minutes ago, Michail said:

So my question: Is the statement still true that Affinity Publisher appears in 2017 as a public beta?

This is their stated goal, but as with anything to do with the future, there is no guarantee it will happen.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

29 minutes ago, R C-R said:

This is their stated goal, but as with anything to do with the future, there is no guarantee it will happen.

This was their stated goal. I just wanted to know if they still have that goal. I have not heard of it for a long time. And from the website this sentence has also disappeared without a trace.

• Staff

Hi Michail,

Affinity Publisher is in development. We were a little optimistic regarding eta's in the beginning and so are avoiding to give specific dates again since we may miss them and disappoint everyone. Rest assured Publisher Beta is being worked and will come at some point (as soon as it's ready). Hope you understand.

Bear with us while the dev teams work on it.

19 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi Michail,

Affinity Publisher is in development. We were a little optimistic regarding eta's in the beginning and so are avoiding to give specific dates again since we may miss them and disappoint everyone. Rest assured Publisher Beta is being worked and will come at some point (as soon as it's ready). Hope you understand.

Bear with us while the dev teams work on it.

Thank you MEB!
So the answer is: No, not 2017.

9 hours ago, Michail said:

This was their stated goal. I just wanted to know if they still have that goal. I have not heard of it for a long time. And from the website this sentence has also disappeared without a trace.

help us perfect Affinity Publisher when we publish it in beta in 2017

“2017 wollen wir Affinity Publisher als Beta veröffentlichen”

36 minutes ago, Raskolnikov said:

What does Publisher could do? I mean, not exactly but... more or less, what's the point with that app? (just don't know...)

Some of the major features include:

• True page support (not just Artboards like AD has), with automatic page numbering & support for page related functions like indexes, & tables of content.

• The ability to 'flow' text from one text block to another so text can be adjusted on the fly.

• Drop caps & other page layout related text functions like flowing text around images.

• Image & other file type linking instead of embedding, necessary to keep Publisher document files from becoming enormous.

Some of these things are possible in AD or AP but those that are involve time consuming workarounds, & none scale well -- imagine trying to use AD artboards to create & edit a 100+ page document, for example!

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7

49 minutes ago, Raskolnikov said:

What does Publisher could do? I mean, not exactly but... more or less, what's the point with that app? (just don't know...)

“completing our suite of spectacular creative tools.

Affinity Publisher will be crafted to help professional designers get the very best results on every layout, page, magazine, book, and digital publication, with stunning typography and vibrant colour.”

Thanks R C-C!

Will it be possible with Affinity Publisher to create and fill forms? I mean. Creating such a thing with check boxes, other boxes to choose options on a drop down menu (similar to the one on the image), editable text that can't be moved of changed in size/color ... etc.

Would be great to create a form in AP and export it to PDF just to fill it easily every time.

drop down menu form.png