You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi,

I just clicked "save" for the project save and then clicked the pixel thing to save it in pixels or something, but then.... nothing.

I searched my Documents, my AppData, the installaiton folder, I can not find any .afphoto

So, can you tell me where will the save files go if I not click "save under..." :/

Greetings

Dracken

If you understand something not correct, I can explain it in German. Just ask :)

1 hour ago, Dracken said:

I just clicked "save" for the project save and then clicked the pixel thing to save it in pixels or something, but then.... nothing.

I'm not sure what this bit refers to?  Do you mean the 'Save as' dialogue box?

I searched my Documents, my AppData, the installaiton folder, I can not find any .afphoto

So, can you tell me where will the save files go if I not click "save under..." :/

When you go to File > Save, it will save it to the last location that you saved a file.  If that location is not there any more (I.E. You have since deleted the folder), it will default to User Folder > Documents. (Although I've also seen it default to C:\Windows\System32 before.  No idea why).  If it isn't a new document that you created from scratch (I.E. You open a JPEG/PNG/TIFF, edit it, then go to File > Save), it will write back over that same file unless you choose 'File > Save as' instead.

Try creating a new document in Affinity Photo and go to save it.  The 'Save as' dialogue should show you the location where it saved the last one.

Alternatively, open Windows File Explorer, go to 'This PC' and paste ext:afphoto in the search box in the top right.  This will search for and list all files with the .afphoto file extension on your computer.

001.png.6f813423d2ff0a8ca739868778c90f24.png

36 minutes ago, Sima said:

I'm not sure what this bit refers to?  Do you mean the 'Save as' dialogue box?

When you go to File > Save, it will save it to the last location that you saved a file.  If that location is not there any more (I.E. You have since deleted the folder), it will default to User Folder > Documents. (Although I've also seen it default to C:\Windows\System32 before.  No idea why).  If it isn't a new document that you created from scratch (I.E. You open a JPEG/PNG/TIFF, edit it, then go to File > Save), it will write back over that same file unless you choose 'File > Save as' instead.

Try creating a new document in Affinity Photo and go to save it.  The 'Save as' dialogue should show you the location where it saved the last one.

Alternatively, open Windows File Explorer, go to 'This PC' and paste ext:afphoto in the search box in the top right.  This will search for and list all files with the .afphoto file extension on your computer.

1. I mean the option if you click just save yes, then you get a dialog that offers you to save the file in a "special way" or "save in location..." or "cancel".

2. I did checked my System32 and found nothing, I scanned over 1hour my D:/ thats my main HDD for all my Stuff on C:/ is only Windows.

I still try to find it :/

If you understand something not correct, I can explain it in German. Just ask :)