You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Moving objects with arrow keys.

Hi.

1. - I use AD to make some precise working (technical). When moving an object (horizontal or vertical) with the arrow keys (keyboard) it moves 1px every time. Sometimes that's too slow, so it's a good thing to hold Shift button at the same time to move that selected object 10px at once.

What I would like it's being able to move it 0,1 px, which is the precision by the fault (I think) in AD.

It's or it will be possible to have that somehow by holding another key?

2.- It's possible using the arrow keys (up & down) to navigate through the layers panel without moving the objects contained on that layers? Maybe would be useful holding a key at the same time that let do that. For me would be a good thing, it's a quick way to check al the layers when working with a lot of them.

Thanks for this GREAT software!!!

15 hours ago, owenr said:

Hi

Nudge distance can be set to 0.1 px in Tools section of the app preferences. There is only the Shift modifier for nudge, so you can only have two distances available at the same time, unfortunately.

You can change the current shortcuts for Select > Select Previous and Select > Select Next in the keyboard section of the app preferences. For example, Cmd-down arrow and Cmd-up arrow can be set on a Mac.

Thanks so much, it's exactly what I wanted to! :)

13 hours ago, Jim Monson said:

Thanks for the tip, owenr. Also, one simply wants to check something quickly in each object it would be very useful to be able to move through layer objects and actually have them selected to be edited. Mouse clicks on layer objects can do this, but this takes more actions.

I would like to that that possibility too! :)

Raslolnikov, do you know of the cmd opt [ and the cmd opt ] key strokes.  These move through the layers in the layer panel.  But only within the group at the level of the original layer.  Actually am I remembering reading in the forum that some counties keyboards do not have the [ or ] keys.  Then these would have to be reassigned.

I also wish the nudge distances were easier to change.  In AP moving one or 10 pixels makes sense.  But in AD it's so arbitrary, how much is a pixel in AD, that I would love to frequently change it.  Going into preferences is a hassle.

iMac (27-inch, Late 2009) with macOS Sierra

• 3 weeks later...