You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity designer UI (wishlist)

Hello!
During the use of the Affinity Designer, I noticed some difficulties in the work and would like to describe them.

1. It would be great if you could change the name when creating / editing a document.
a327316ca3.png

2. The left toolbar can not be edited and configured directly from the preview window. The need for viewing - setting tools. And the top toolbar can!
658b4d62f5.png

3. Export all settings to a separate file.
b5c4d9b65b.png

4. One checkbox turns the normal search into a hotkey search and all menu functions. 
    Give people the opportunity to set up a modal window in height!
    I have a big screen, but I do not see all the hot keys on the screen!
1ee0f4f94b.png

5. Make the gradient a separate modal window and add it to the studio. This will speed up the work several times!
2f4fdab22f.png

• Staff

Lots of good suggestions, thank you! We would struggle with number 12 in particular as our artboards are containers - hence they clip their contents. The example you show is from illustrator which has artboards that are basically just background areas drawn specially - they do not contain the items placed over them. If you only wanted one artboard then we could do this as you’d not actually use artboards at all - just a normal document with single spread. The background of this kind of document could happily be shown/hidden as it would not clip its children 

On 16.09.2017 at 5:44 PM, MattP said:

Lots of good suggestions, thank you! We would struggle with number 12 in particular as our artboards are containers - hence they clip their contents. The example you show is from illustrator which has artboards that are basically just background areas drawn specially - they do not contain the items placed over them. If you only wanted one artboard then we could do this as you’d not actually use artboards at all - just a normal document with single spread. The background of this kind of document could happily be shown/hidden as it would not clip its children 

Thanks for the answer. I appreciated the boards-containers, I also like the function Clip to canvas, which removes everything outside the artboard.
Hiding the artboard is necessary only in order to type in text or a large amount of infographics. It would be great if there was an opportunity to change the background color.

I still have many ideas and questions!  For example..
How do I manually search for fonts?
How to download dictionaries for spelling for the Russian language?
How to select a locked layer and unlock it without resorting to the layers panel?
up. I realized that in the mode of outline can select a closed object :)

Hi. :)

This is just my opinion.

For #7. I don't agree. Maybe it looks cool, but the border is needed to separate it from the panel color.  (maybe options to toggle it on or off will be better)
For #8. Since I use a small monitor, the current panels/ buttons are already huge, showing it all together will take more space.

4 hours ago, avicenna said:

Hi. :)

This is just my opinion.

For #7. I don't agree. Maybe it looks cool, but the border is needed to separate it from the panel color.  (maybe options to toggle it on or off will be better)
For #8. Since I use a small monitor, the current panels/ buttons are already huge, showing it all together will take more space.

Functions 7 and 8 imply the existence of the flag, this means that they can be turned on or off.
#8 there are check box. If you have a small screen, then you can only use Color wheel. I find it hard to switch every time, it would be good to use them together. (as an idea)