JonDW

Save a new brush preset

Hi - I'd like to start with a standard brush, change the settings to my liking (size, flow, pressure dynamics etc) then save in my own group. Looks like I should be able to (I've created a group) but can't save a brush. 

Thanks

Welcome to the Serif Affinity Forums, @JonDW. :)

Which Affinity app are you using, and on what platform?

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.3.481 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.3.155 • Designer for iPad 1.7.3.1 • iPadOS 13.2.2 (iPad Air 2)

There's actually a separate subforum for iPad questions, but never mind! You aren't the first person not to notice it. Edit: I see that this thread has been moved the appropriate place.

As per my forum signature I don't have an iPad yet, so I'm afraid you'll have to wait for someone else to offer guidance.

Edited by Alfred
Thread moved to subforum

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 1.7.3.481 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.7.3.155 • Designer for iPad 1.7.3.1 • iPadOS 13.2.2 (iPad Air 2)

Hi JonDW,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
Select the group category you have created in the Brushes Studio then tap the small menu icon on the top of the Brushes panel and select the type of brush you want (Intensity, Round, Square etc Brush), set the properties as you want and tap OK on bottom. The brush should be added to your category.

Thanks MEB. I select a group, then press the menu button, select New Intensity Brush and get taken to a file dialogue which appears to want me to navigate to a file. Any idea why...? Thx

That happens when the brush you are trying to create is an Intensity or image brush. That dialog is for you to select the image it will be based on. If you select a round brush instead you will go directly to the brush properties/attributes dialog. To edit the brush after you create it, tap and hold on it for a few moments to display a popup menu and select Edit.