You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Pasted fx goes awry

Hi,

I'm sure this must have been brought up before, but it's driving me batty!

1. Create an object on the page (in this case it is the left blue rectangle 400px x 400px)
  2. Add fx (in this case outer shadow 15px radius and 15px offset plus Inner bevel sharp corner 15px radius)
  3. Create a new object (in this case the right green elipse also 400px x 400px)
  4. Select the first object and copy
  5. Select the second object and go to Edit > Paste FX
  6. Open up the fx panel

Expected:
The second object's effects will also be the same 15px outer shadow and bevel

Actual:
The second reports as 17.9px

I've been doing a lot of text work recently where I want to copy the fx across from one object to another but this isn't working.  Yes, I know I can work around this by cloning objects but this isn't always practical, particularly when I'm wanting to see how an extra effect looks across the whole project.

Here's the simple file that I describe above.

pasted-fx-1.afdesign

pasted-fx-2.afdesign

Windows 11 Pro 64bit ¤ AMD Threadripper 3990x ¤ Nvidia RTX 3090 ¤ 256GB DDR4 Ram ¤ ROG Zenith II Extreme Alpha

11 hours ago, Ken Cope said:

Expected:
The second object's effects will also be the same 15px outer shadow and bevel

Actual:
The second reports as 17.9px

Hi Ken,

I followed your description and created a document on my own. I can confirm this. I get a 16.1px outer shadow instead of 15px.

Interestingly I then removed both FX from the first object, copied the second one and pasted those onto the first object. The outer shadow then shows up as 15px again.

Strange :o

d.

Affinity Designer 1 & 2   |   Affinity Photo 1 & 2   |   Affinity Publisher 1 & 2
Affinity Designer 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Photo 2 for iPad   |   Affinity Publisher 2 for iPad

Windows 11 64-bit - Core i7 - 16GB - Intel HD Graphics 4600 & NVIDIA GeForce GTX 960M
iPad pro 9.7" + Apple Pencil

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.