You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Beta 1.6.0.82 Invalid Product Key

Hello, 

I've just installed the latest Beta for Windows 1.6.0.82.  It installed smoothly but, like the previous Beta installation, did not require my entering my purchased product key.  However, having crashed on first use adjusting curves in Develop persona, I restarted the Beta and received 'Invalid Product Key!' banner.  This precludes access to Help menu, so I'm unable to enter a product key.  Anyone else?  Any suggestions?  

Thanks

Hi Lubiloo

Something must have gotten written incorrectly during the crash. Would you be able to go to %appdata%Affinity\Photo\ and make a copy of  the 1.0 (beta) folder and zip it up then try uninstalling and re-installing the beta version to see if that sort it for you? Would you the be willing to attach the zipped up folder here so we can take a lok into what may have cause this?

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

Just now, Chris_K said:

Hi Lubiloo

Something must have gotten written incorrectly during the crash. Would you be able to go to %appdata%Affinity\Photo\ and make a copy of  the 1.0 (beta) folder and zip it up then try uninstalling and re-installing the beta version to see if that sort it for you? Would you the be willing to attach the zipped up folder here so we can take a lok into what may have cause this?

Thanks

Um...  I'm afraid you've lost me after 'Hi Lubiloo'... Sorry, but how do I get to %appdata etc...?  I've tried to search...;  Sorry

Cop and paste %appdata%Affinity\Photo into your address bar in the file explorer and it should take you directly there. This folder has most of the settings for the app, which will be removed when uninstalled so it making a copy will allow us to compare the beofre and after a reinstall to see what may have happened. Don't worry if that part is too confusing the uninstall and reinstall is the more important part here :)

OK, I've found it!  Please ignore screen shot, which I added before I rooted around manually, having enable view hidden folders...  How do I zip a folder?  I can add to "1 (Betta) .rar" - is that the same thing?  Sorry to be a dilly at computers, but I'm rather good at cooking!  

App Data search.png

1 hour ago, Lubiloo said:

Hello, 

I've just installed the latest Beta for Windows 1.6.0.82.  It installed smoothly but, like the previous Beta installation, did not require my entering my purchased product key.  However, having crashed on first use adjusting curves in Develop persona, I restarted the Beta and received 'Invalid Product Key!' banner.  This precludes access to Help menu, so I'm unable to enter a product key.  Anyone else?  Any suggestions?  

Thanks

Hi Lubiloo, can I just ask where did you purchase Affinity Photo from? Second, can you email the following file to support@seriflabs.com. Thank you!

C:\Program Files\Affinity\Affinity Photo\licence.xml

Hi lubiloo

You can zip up a folder within windows itself. Simply right click the folder and in the menu go to Send To > Compressed (Zipped) folder and that will zip it up for you. Feel free to attach it here or send it to the email address Mark provided above

Just another quick question, have you installed the full app and the beta in the same folder? This can sometimes cause an issue

21 minutes ago, Lubiloo said:

Hello.  Yes, I bought it online through the Affinity website.  I have emailed file to you.  

Thanks for the email, I see that you've registered the key to your email address ...@btinernet.com (missing the 't' out).

If you start the beta now, does it still tell you that the product key isn't valid? If so, can you email the licence file in the C:\Program Files\Affinity\Affinity Photo Customer Beta directory too? Can I confirm, when you installed the beta, you weren't prompted to enter a product key? 

Thanks

2 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

If you start the beta now, does it still tell you that the product key isn't valid?

Confirmed: .xml file emailed.  Affinity still 'invalid...'.  Product key not requested on installation of both Beta versions since purchase.  Yes, it is installed in the same Programme Folder as Affinity Trial and Affinity purchased.  

2 hours ago, Chris_K said:

You can zip up a folder within windows itself.

Good Grief!  Of course I can... Brain pain.  Attached.  I'm now going to uninstall the latest Beta, restart my computer, run the Beta .ex file and install to a different folder.  I'll let you know if that makes any difference.  If it does, I'll zip and send.  

Affinity_Photo_Customer_Beta.zip

6 minutes ago, Lubiloo said:

uninstall the latest Beta, restart my computer, run the Beta .ex file and install to a different folder

Installed to a new folder 'Affinity Beta' in the programme files folder.  Installed again without requesting product key.  Just loaded Beta with a NEF file, adjusted, sent to Photo persona - all working fine so far.  Attached is the successful install: Affinity Beta (1).zip

Affinity_Beta_(1).zip

12 hours ago, Mark Ingram said:

you've put 3 programs on top of each other!

I am SO sorry.  I had no idea that installing to the same folder could cause such a problem... All the time and effort you and ChrisK have put into sorting this for me: I do feel such a twit.  

Thank you so very much

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.