You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Inspired by the magnificent Joan Holloway character in Madmen, played by Christina Hendricks. Affinity Designer. I'm still getting to grips with some of the features. I started using the Vector Brush Tool (to make those silhouettes of the passers-by. I like the way it seems to auto-smooth the line, which is a feature I'd really like. Really well done to you people at Serif for making a full-on professional tool. I have no qualms about using this for client-work. 

1950s woman 2_lo_Instag.jpg

Using: Mac OSX Monterey on a Mac Mini (late 2014). Wacom Bamboo. Mouse. Pencils. Pens. Other stuff...

Kevin McSherry: Creative. Art  :  Illustration  :  Design
The Studio, 17 Aideen Avenue, Terenure, Dublin 6W.  Ireland
+353 (0)86 247 0737   www.mcsherry.ie

160604_35%2Bicon%2Baffinity.jpg

Nice job Kevin. I like the tonality and the colouring you used. Feels like an old poster.

Have you tried playing with any texture on this? To add a bit more retro-ness to it. Just a suggestion.

Thanks Retrograde. In fact, there is one layer of a 'grunge' texture. Usually I would put another layer or two but I'm going to wait until after a meeting I'm going to have next week with a fashion museum. I'm not sure what they're looking for yet. I have a couple of nice book endpapers from a mildewed book that I like to use. A nice fold down the middle and all that stuff. I may stick them in and post up the results later.

Using: Mac OSX Monterey on a Mac Mini (late 2014). Wacom Bamboo. Mouse. Pencils. Pens. Other stuff...

Hi Martin -do you mean just those bits you pointed to or all of the lapel shadow? Must be my eyes; I can't see it. You have me worried now...

O.o

Thanks very much Garry -if my meeting doesn't go as I hope, that's more or less what I'll be doing!

I'm off to get my eyes tested. I can see a slight difference but only because you pointed it out.

Maybe this is why I keep killing all those people at traffic lights?

Could be, Martin. A very kind man in a sheepskin coat sold it to me down the pub.