Fivel

AP MAC TIFF format for mac preview

12 posts in this topic

Hello. I need help with the exporting of AP MAC Tiff files to work with MAC Preview program.

When I try to use Preview/Tools/Adjust Color, it crashes Preview. I think it has to do with AP adjustment layers.

I tried Flattening and Merge but they did not help.

How do I export the TIFF files to work with Preview?

Hi Fivel,

I'm not able to recreate this issue here on my Mac, would it be possible for you to provide the file in question?

Thanks

C

Hi again Callum. Did you get a chance to use the image I posted?

I hope you can repeat my issue. As I mentioned in the original post, I tried both Merge and Flatten but it still crashed Preview.

Has anyone else seen this problem?

Fivel

Hi Fivel,

I've just tried you image here: added an adjustment layer, exported as a TIFF with Save Affinity layers checked, opened it in Preview and changed all sliders in the Adjust Colours panel inside Preview - no issues here. It's possible this is an issue specific to Mavericks (i'm running Sierra) but i don't have any machine with it here to check myself. Hopefully Callum or someone from the QA will follow this as soon as they can.

3 hours ago, Fivel said:

Has anyone else seen this problem?

I have not, but like MEB I am running Sierra, so perhaps as he says it is something that only occurs with Mavericks.

Affinity Photo 1.5.2; Affinity Designer 1.5.5; AP for iPad 1.6.2 (but no supported iPad -- yet!)

macOS Sierra 10.12.6; iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM 

I'm not able to recreate this either I'm afraid. I'll ask around with the QA team tomorrow to see if anyone is running Mavericks.

C

Thanks Callum, I hope someone else is using Mavericks.

R-C-R, I have been holding off upgrading to OS X Sierra since I would have to re purchase several applications to run on that platform.

At least I see that I can use my current AP version (1.5.2) with Sierra. Decisions, decisions.

Fivel

I have tried this on Mavericks using the file you provided and have still been unable to recreate this issue I'm afraid.

Screen Shot 2017-09-14 at 10.31.13.png

19 hours ago, Fivel said:

R-C-R, I have been holding off upgrading to OS X Sierra since I would have to re purchase several applications to run on that platform.

At least I see that I can use my current AP version (1.5.2) with Sierra. Decisions, decisions.

It has been so long since I last used Mavericks that I can't remember which features of the OS or of the bundled apps like Preview have been added, improved, or changed in the intervening OS releases. However, I am reasonably sure that quite a few of the features I now use were not available in Mavericks, or work better in the most recent OS versions.

I understand all to well about not wanting to or not being able to stretch a budget to spend what can be a considerable amount of money on newer app versions compatible with the latest OS version. But I also know that in the long term it becomes increasingly impractical to run the older ones, so I am constantly looking for apps like Affinity that I won't have to spend a lot on to keep using them. Fortunately for me, there are currently no apps that I need or want to run that are not compatible with Sierra or (I hope!) High Sierra, but in the past when there have been, what I have done is to keep a copy of the older OS on a separate partition or another bootable hard drive, & start up into that when I needed to run those apps. It is not ideal but maybe that might work for you as well.

Affinity Photo 1.5.2; Affinity Designer 1.5.5; AP for iPad 1.6.2 (but no supported iPad -- yet!)

macOS Sierra 10.12.6; iMac (27-inch, Late 2012); 2.9GHz i5 CPU; NVIDIA GeForce GTX 660M; 8GB RAM 

Thanks to all for suggestions and help.
MEB, I will try exporting the file with "Save Affinity Layers" to see if it works.

As to upgrading to Sierra, I may yet go that route. 

Fivel