You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta - 1.6.0.82

Hello all,

I have just downloaded and tested the 1.6.0.82 beta and the export persona still can not export jpeg with embed metadata, it still exports any file at 72ppi, was this issue fixed or is it still on the todo list as export with metadata is of extreme importance for my work flow, with out metadata affinity photo is almost no use to me.

sorry to sound over the top about this but it really is needed.

Regards

Chris

When I load a lot of tiff files (to convert them to jpg) into the batch function with parallel processing option, the version 1.6.0.82 tries tries to process all files at once and starts to loop. The official version 1.5.2.69 can handle this and processes at most 4 files parallel. My machine has only 4 threads. The batch function works in 1.6.0.82 when I don't use the parallel processing option.

• Staff
22 hours ago, artphotopro said:

Hello all,

I have just downloaded and tested the 1.6.0.82 beta and the export persona still can not export jpeg with embed metadata, it still exports any file at 72ppi, was this issue fixed or is it still on the todo list as export with metadata is of extreme importance for my work flow, with out metadata affinity photo is almost no use to me.

sorry to sound over the top about this but it really is needed.

Regards

Chris

Hi Chris,

Unfortunately this is still a known issue and with development. I have however bumped it with them and passed on your comments.

• Staff
15 hours ago, dke said:

When I load a lot of tiff files (to convert them to jpg) into the batch function with parallel processing option, the version 1.6.0.82 tries tries to process all files at once and starts to loop. The official version 1.5.2.69 can handle this and processes at most 4 files parallel. My machine has only 4 threads. The batch function works in 1.6.0.82 when I don't use the parallel processing option.

Thanks for letting us know - I've reproduced this on my machine using 9 TIFF files. I'll get it passed onto development.

Panorama - inpainting. For testing, I've been making a panorama of 6, 8 and 10 portrait images from the same series having image sizes of 89mp (not mb), 122mp and 153mp and have the following issues:

When loading and doing other actions, I get a blank wallpaper with a standard cursor so I don't know if anything is happening, then the image will appear all of a sudden.

The stitching and subsequent rendering of the basic image takes a while, but an acceptable time and there is a bar progress bar which shows something is happening.

However, when I use inpainting and click apply (to remove jagged edges):

the progress bar appears but does not move and there is a standard cursor so I don't know if anything is happening

the inpainting takes much longer than the creation of the panorama itself, about 4 times I'd say - 16 minutes for the 10 image panorama.

checking task manager indicates that CPU usage by AP averages about 2% and memory about 2.5gb out of 7gb with some hard disk activity

I get similar results with 1.52.

Should inpainting be so time consuming, and can something be done to show AP is actually doing something?

The final result looks good, though.  Thanks.

• Staff

Hi c_moon,

Are you referring to just doing a File > Open?  If so you should see a message in the top right (by Minimize, Maximize and Close buttons) letting you know it is opening X amount of files.

Are you able to share the images used in your panorama along with an indication of what areas you are inpainting to we can try to reproduce please? I've never experienced in taking 16+ minutes!

Thanks

12 hours ago, Sean P said:

Hi c_moon,

Are you referring to just doing a File > Open?  If so you should see a message in the top right (by Minimize, Maximize and Close buttons) letting you know it is opening X amount of files.

Are you able to share the images used in your panorama along with an indication of what areas you are inpainting to we can try to reproduce please? I've never experienced in taking 16+ minutes!

Thanks

Thanks, Sean. It was really when having "stitched" I clicked on OK - but now you've pointed it out, there is a "loading 1 file" message which I hadn't seen, so thanks for that.  Other occasions are shorter and so not a concern.

I don't think I can send you the files as they are so large, I've discovered - so you may now decide I'm positing to the wrong topic and move me.  Basically, I start off with 23 mb DNG files in Lightroom 5.7 where I make sure lighting etc. is constant etc.  To maximise quality, I select "edit in affinity photo" using TIFF with Lightroom settings and end up with 116mb TIFF files, so I'm actually using 10 x 116mb files.  The other options are PSD (which Affinity won't load for panoramas, though the files are the same size anyway, and jpeg which rather defeats the object).  The basic panorama rendering in Affinity takes about 3 or 4 minutes which seemed OK to me considering how big the files are (bigger than I had thought as well!).  It is the inpainting that takes the time, which surprised me as I thought Affinity had done the hard bit! On these photos, the area to be inpainted is pretty small, mainly bits of grass and clouds.  I just tried it on 1.52 and closed affinity after 25 minutes of inpainting as I want to go to bed...  Task manager indicates this time that my memory is about 95% in use with continuous disk activity.

If I'm using Lightroom to Affinity incorrectly, I'd welcome help.