You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta - 1.6.0.82

Click here to download the latest beta

Purpose: New features
Requirements: A valid product key, issued when Windows Affinity Photo version 1.5 was purchased.

This is a beta of a substantial change to our codebase and as much as we have tried to ensure the quality of the code, it is considered to be not suitable for production use. This means that you should not attempt to use it for commercial purposes or for any other activity that you may be adversely affected by the application failing. In addition it is definitely worth noting that files created in Affinity 1.6 may not open in 1.5 so always make a copy of your important documents before opening them in 1.6 to ensure you do not accidentally overwrite them and are unable to open them in your 1.5 version.

We hope you enjoy the latest build, and as always, if you've got any problems, please don't hesitate to post here and we'll get back to you as soon as we can. Thanks once again for your continued feedback.

If you have a general question about the software, please head over to the Questions Forum, or if you have any suggestions, please head over to the Feature Requests forum.

Fixes

• Fixed Gradient flyout incorrectly showing previously applied gradient
  • Added keyline added around main window and dialogs
  • Added Radial Controller support option into preferences
  • Fixed ghost text objects shown in the view after creating text and moving it
  • Fixed lines shooting out when drawing with the Surface Pen
  • Changed pen tilt to be mirrored around vertical
  • Fixed selection refinement in CMYK documents
  • Fixed Exif information being removed when performing an image stack
  • Added blacklisting of broken colour profiles (if loading them causes a crash, the next time the application runs, it will skip that profile)
  • Changed Find in Layers Panel to switch to the Layers Panel if it's not visible
  • Fixed FX Symbol failing to show on clipped objects
  • Fixed being unable to change font of multi-font selection
  • Fixed ICC profile combo boxes being too wide
  • Fixed more Light UI issues
  • Fixed missing Arrow Ends icons on context toolbar
  • Fixed a number of the fields in Adjustments are clipped
  • Fixed HSL Adjust able to enter invalid values for Hue Shift
  • Fixed filters not able to go above 1024
  • Fixed OpenType MarkToLigature rule, which fixes accents on certain font glyphs
  • Fixed import of Russian RTF text with "Language for non-Unicode programs" in Windows set to Russian
  • Fixed SVG export to export radial and elliptical fills as vector regardless of transform
  • Fixed PDF export to export radial and elliptical gradients as vector even if sheared
  • Fixed crash when Inpainting on a cropped, rotated image
  • Fixed uncommitted nudge transforms getting reverted when the user hits Escape
  • Fixed crash when closing document
  • Improved the performance of the develop histogram
  • Fixed blank documents prompting to save on close
  • Added missing Live Halftone Filter
  • Fixed memory leak in Export dialog
  • Fixed crash when changing export options then attempting to export on a new document
  • Fixed sporadic crash when panning a document
  • Fixed crash when drag re-ordering macros
  • Fixed sporadic crash when attempting to open files via Explorer
  • Fixed crash when the user right clicks in the open file dialog, when they have bad shell extensions installed (e.g. AMD drivers)
  • Fixed some objects failing to invalidate properly
  • Fixed more Russian UI issues
  • Fixed untranslated Hintline items
  • Fixed pressing the X on the close dialog closing the document without saving
  • Fixed clipped Macro names in the Library
  • Fixed crash loading EPS files
  • Fixed black rectangle around shape when exporting due to Outline FX
  • Fixed Exposure increasing with RAW files in stack
  • Added guides to the Raster Crop tool
  • Fixed double push rotation contribution in Liquify
  • Fixed crash with massive filter nodes
  • Fixed selection brush size not being remembered
  • Fixed sporadic crash when editing memory intensive images

Thanks Mark. A lot to test here. Great!

Asus ROG Strix G17 Notebook:
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H 3.80 GHz with Radeon Vega Graphics | 32GB DDR4 3200mHz RAM
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB Gfx | 2x 2TB SSD NVMe PCIe M.2 3x4 | Windows 11 Version 22H2 Build 22623.870

Wow that is an impressively long list.  Encouraging to see the crashes on export and closing documents in the list; will test thoroughly this weekend.  

Will the New Batch Job bug that ignores JPEG ICC options be included prior to 1.6 final?   

Great release, thank you, guys!

A couple of issues:

anti-alias not working in the character panel

Untitled.png.eb793b3e859e51e0536e559e1e3f7b4b.png

• Added missing Live Halftone Filter

I don't have the Halftone Filter among the live filters.

• Improved the performance of the develop histogram

Yes! Much better.

Andrew
-
Win10 x64 AMD Threadripper 1950x, 64GB, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD + 2TB, dual GTX 1080ti
Dual Monitor Dell Ultra HD 4k P2715Q 27-Inch

8 minutes ago, verysame said:

I don't have the Halftone Filter among the live filters.

Layer > New Live Filter Layer > Halftone Filter

(It's near the bottom of the list)

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Thanks, Carl.

Well, I guess is not fully implemented in the UI, then.

I can find it in the menu as you suggested, but no from the Live Filters in the layer panel.

Andrew
-
Win10 x64 AMD Threadripper 1950x, 64GB, 512GB M.2 PCIe NVMe SSD + 2TB, dual GTX 1080ti
Dual Monitor Dell Ultra HD 4k P2715Q 27-Inch

5 minutes ago, verysame said:

Thanks, Carl.

I can find it in the menu as you suggested, but no from the Live Filters in the layer panel.

True,

you also won't find the Dust & Scratches Filter via the Layers panel either

Presumably an oversight (?)

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

Develop Histogram is really quick now. Also, I don't seem to have the problem of the missing Halftone live filter. Mine is there.

Asus ROG Strix G17 Notebook:
AMD Ryzen 7 5800H 3.80 GHz with Radeon Vega Graphics | 32GB DDR4 3200mHz RAM
Nvidia GeForce RTX 3060 Ti 8GB Gfx | 2x 2TB SSD NVMe PCIe M.2 3x4 | Windows 11 Version 22H2 Build 22623.870

• Staff
On 9/7/2017 at 6:38 AM, verysame said:

Thanks, Carl.

On 9/7/2017 at 6:46 AM, carl123 said:

True,

you also won't find the Dust & Scratches Filter via the Layers panel either

Presumably an oversight (?)

Cheers, I'll get these both passed on!

On 9/6/2017 at 2:37 PM, Mark Ingram said:

• Added blacklisting of broken colour profiles (if loading them causes a crash, the next time the application runs, it will skip that profile)

What happens if the profile is fixed?  

AP, AD & APub user, running Win10

1 minute ago, IanSG said:

What happens if the profile is fixed?  

At some future point I plan on exposing the list of blacklisted profiles in the Preferences for you to see and edit. But for now, there is a file you can edit / delete:

%APPDATA%\Affinity\Photo\1.0 (Beta)\profiles\blacklist.txt

On 9/6/2017 at 8:26 PM, crlogic said:

When I add a gaussian blur via effects to a layer, I lose any custom blend range on that layer.  Is this expected or a bug?  

I tried the same using v1.5.2.69 and the behavior is consistent with the older version.

On 9/6/2017 at 1:04 PM, crlogic said:

Will the New Batch Job bug that ignores JPEG ICC options be included prior to 1.6 final?   

Bumping this question; it would be nice to have a working batch job option for v1.6.  Appreciate any roadmap feedback that can be provided.

• Staff
19 hours ago, Margaret said:

Hi 

The same thing is happening getting a blank white image when I upload to edit a image sometimes its got coloured lines or are darker colours not seeing the image the last build did work though 

Any help would be appreciated Thx :)

Hi Margaret,
I'm not entirely sure I understand what the problem is. Do you have any screenshots you can attach that show the issue?

Thanks