You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Fuji RAF loading times

Hi

Like Affinity in JPEG but loading times in raw are sooooooo slow. Just changed from Canon to Fuji. Canon raw was slow but Fuji raf takes  44 sec to load!!!!!.

Compared to Silky Raw Converter 2 loads the same raw file in 4 secs?

Is this likely to improved in Affinity or should I used Silky for Raw and the Affinity for Jpeg?

Thanks

Michael

"You never get a second chance to make a first impression"

Dell Inspiron 5570 i5-8250u | 8gb | SSD.m2 | Win 10 Pro 64

46 minutes ago, mapline said:

Hi

Like Affinity in JPEG but loading times in raw are sooooooo slow. Just changed from Canon to Fuji. Canon raw was slow but Fuji raf takes  44 sec to load!!!!!.

Compared to Silky Raw Converter 2 loads the same raw file in 4 secs?

Is this likely to improved in Affinity or should I used Silky for Raw and the Affinity for Jpeg?

Thanks

Michael

You may want to check the performance of your PC as X100T RAW's load on my PC in 15 seconds with the latest Beta.

Both PC’s Win 11 x64 System with Intuos Pen & Touch 
PC1 ASUS ROG Strix - AMD Ryzen 9 6900X CPU @ 3.3GHz. 32GB RAM

- GPU 1: AMD Radeon integrated. GPU 2: NVIDIA RTX 3060, 6GB
PC2 HP Pavilion - 
Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), 16GB RAM
 - GPU 1: Intel HD Graphics 630, GPU 2: NVIDIA GTX1050, 4GB

iPad (8th Gen) 2020

Thanks AiDon will do. However this compares the loading times of the file in both programmes, First with Affinity then loaded Silky and loaded file. If anything Silky was at a disadvantage as Affinity was still in memory.

One thought I am using a X-T20 so the file size is 22.8mb (Fuji compressed) is that much larger compared to X100T?

It may be that SilkyPix doesn't generate Previews until changes have been made as even in my case with RAW File Converter EX 2 they load almost instantaneously.

The X100T doesn't have an option for lossless compressed RAW so the images are 32MB+

Both PC’s Win 11 x64 System with Intuos Pen & Touch 
PC1 ASUS ROG Strix - AMD Ryzen 9 6900X CPU @ 3.3GHz. 32GB RAM

- GPU 1: AMD Radeon integrated. GPU 2: NVIDIA RTX 3060, 6GB
PC2 HP Pavilion - 
Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz (8 CPUs), 16GB RAM
 - GPU 1: Intel HD Graphics 630, GPU 2: NVIDIA GTX1050, 4GB

iPad (8th Gen) 2020

Yes thats true and my system is a slow i5.

Still would like to see loading times improved as has been done with Jpeg.

I also have the problem. The opening of an NEF file (about 24MB) also takes about 45 seconds. I have already noticed more often on this problem in this forum. There are comments from others how fast they can open the RAW files. I work with Capture one 10 pro and also with Adobe Lghtroom and there the files are opened in seconds. No beta version of Photo Affinity has solved this problem so far. I do not understand this strategy when it comes to the software requirements. Is it an unsolved problem for Windoes 10? This software would be very interesting for Windows 10 users.

• 5 weeks later...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.