You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I am trying to stretch my Affinity skills a bit but following along with a Brandon Woelfel photo tutorial. The photo began looking different from the video right off the bat, with the Temperature adjustments. my main issue so far is that when the video changes the color channels to bring out a more teal color my whole photo just looks ugly and blue. it seems PS just has a much better and more specific HSL adjustment tool, is the true? Please help.

I have attached the tutorials picture and mine in the same step making adjustments in HSL, Please help!!

Here is the video. I just took a screen shot of the original to work along with the video.

Screen Shot 2017-09-05 at 11.02.49 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-09-05 at 11.04.58 PM.png

Hello @Cglot,

i don't know in which order the settings in Lightroom apply to the image and i'm too lazy to figure it out, so i don't try to mimic Lightroom in Affinity Photo...

But i (tryed to) replicated the image style in AP.

Some notes:
- The start/before photo in the YouTube-video has already strong white balance settings, the screen shot is therefore problematic.
- Your HSL-Settings affecting the Master-channel (all colours), but in the tutorial, the colours are separately edited.

I attached my final/after image based on a screen shot and a Affinity Photo file (Brandon Woelfel Style.afphoto) with all adjustment layers i used. I hope you find it helpful.

Brandon Woelfel Style.jpg

Brandon Woelfel Style.afphoto