Pixel Mush

100% CPU Usage AD

So here is is my issue, in pixel persona when using the raster brush painting over certain objects causes my CPU to max out at 100% usage. Normally its between 30-35% when doing this same task. I pretty much always have a window with my monitoring going on my second screen at all times. I was wondering if I could send you the file and see if you notice anything unusual about it or what the problem may be. In the file when I "brush" on a child layer of the leather part of the hook hand it maxes out. But when I brush over the the mask layer of the hook itself it is using far less cpu even with the same brush and settings. I tried removing the mask style that is on the leather to see if that helped but it still causes the same results. Even when brushing on other parts in this file it uses close to 80%. I am not running the newest laptop in the world but it's still a i7 quad core that has an auto overclock up to 3.3ghz. So not sure what the issue is. Just let me know where to send the file, thank you :) -Pixel

Hey Pixel Mush,

You can send the file to our Dropbox

Your CPU using 100% isn't necessarily a bad thing, unless it is causing an adverse effect such as slowing other tasks down. We aim to use whatever resources are available at the time. It does seem a little high for that particular task though so I'd like to see what happens on my machine with your file.

Alright I uploaded the file, to the drop box. Like I said it only happened when brushing the leather part of the hook hand. Basically everything else was around 25-35% usage at the same task.

Hey Pixel Mush,

I'm getting to around 80% CPU when I paint on one of the child layers for the hook. I think this is because we're painting over the Gradient Overlay on the Rectangle texture. If I disable this, the CPU usage goes to around 15%