You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I've allegedly purchased Affinity Designer from the App Store, but it's not downloading after a significant time. The App Store listing simply says, "Waiting…". There are about 260kb on the HD, and no sign of activity. There's also no recourse to a help button...

I'm located in Indonesia. I've previously downloaded the Trial version and have been running it (not from the App Store, of course). The internet connection I'm on is fine. There's no option to Pause and restart (button is greyed out). 

This is frustrating - what should I expect?

• Staff

Hi rubyonthebeach,

Welcome to the forums! :) Wow, that's a bit odd!?! We don't have any control over the App Store or its download procedure, it's completely controlled by Apple, but I know that I've also suffered a few download problems before (with other software) and I've usually found that restarting my machine then going back to the App Store and clicking to download/install/purchase again (it doesn't charge you twice!) will usually fix things.

Let us know how you get on :)

Matt

Hey Matt, 

working now - yeah, it seemed to have gotten stuck somehow, and a restart got it loose again.

I can't tell you how happy I am to be setting up to use Designer - I've been using Adobe products since Illustrator 88 came out, on a black and white periscope Mac (512KE - yeah!), and I've loved what they do in the past.

But the subscription model really pissed me off - and I'm sure your marketing told you that was true of a lot of us. Thing was, I couldn't go to something that was substandard, so trying InkScape didn't work for me. They went for a full feature set, but a terrible experience.

Designer is great. The experience is better than Adobe, and the "missing" features often aren't - they're just the Adobe way of doing it. Keep up the good work, and I'll be supporting you. I'm already telling everyone about it.