VectorCat

An option to hide handles and bounds of objects?

Could there be an option to hide control handles and the bounding box of a selected object? the benefit would be while adjusting color, shading, etcs..some times it's hard to see what's going on with the handles and bounding boxes visible.. sometimes  you just don't want to see it, sometimes they actually obscure the object being worked on.

thank you

2012 Mac Book Pro 12”, 8GB RAM, Mojave  |  2017 iPad Pro 12.9” 256GB, iOS 12.4

Holding down Space Bar does it temporarily, but a View > Hide Selection Edges command would be welcomed.

2017 15" MacBook Pro 14,3 w/ Intel 4 Core i7 @ 2.8 GHz, 16 GB RAM, AMD 455 @ 2 GB, 512 GB SSD, macOS High Sierra

yes, that kind of toggle command would be most welcomed.  thank you for the tip about holding the Space bar, ronnyb

2012 Mac Book Pro 12”, 8GB RAM, Mojave  |  2017 iPad Pro 12.9” 256GB, iOS 12.4

Could there be an option to hide control handles and the bounding box of a selected object? the benefit would be while adjusting color, shading, etcs..some times it's hard to see what's going on with the handles and bounding boxes visible.. sometimes  you just don't want to see it, sometimes they actually obscure the object being worked on.

thank you

Has anyone suggested that it would be a good idea to have an object's bounding box handles to always be in view when being moved? It would make it easier to line up objects with guides and construction lines. Currently they disappear when moved.

Mac OS X El Capitan Version 10.11.6

AD version 1.6.0

Was really struggling with this issue today – nodes & handles & other tool's nerdy stuff obscuring the movements I was trying to make.

I would love it if, once you've grabbed something, and are commencing manipulating it, the Spacebar makes the nodes and handles & stuff momentarily disappear from view.

But imho something similar to Illy's 'Hide Edges' [Ctrl-H, Com-H] is _really_ needfulPlease consider this ASAP, devs.

- pbass

Show/Hide is academic when moving an object - there is no choice, the handles disappear.

As I said in my earlier posting above having the handles disappear when moving an object makes it difficult to line-up the object with guides etc.

AD version 1.6.0

There's also the button on the Context toolbar to hide or show bounding boxes when moving the object...

2017 15" MacBook Pro 14,3 w/ Intel 4 Core i7 @ 2.8 GHz, 16 GB RAM, AMD 455 @ 2 GB, 512 GB SSD, macOS High Sierra

+1 for having this

ideally as a passive feature

Let me use this example which illustrates the problem quite well: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/dapxqwlf118c13g/shot_161128_125140.jpg

- I have a rectangle with a stroke color

- I want to drag on the color wheel until I;m happy

- as it stands now I can NOT see the border color which is frustrating

- and holding space is not exactly a good solution: I want to drag until I find a color I'm happy with, right now I need to;  drag, see if it's good, drag, see if it's good, repeat until happy with result

The way I see this feature implemented is that once an object is selected, changing its properties should hide its bounding box

There's also the button on the Context toolbar to hide or show bounding boxes when moving the object...

Where? I can't find it!

AD version 1.6.0