You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

An option to hide handles and bounds of objects?

Could there be an option to hide control handles and the bounding box of a selected object? the benefit would be while adjusting color, shading, etcs..some times it's hard to see what's going on with the handles and bounding boxes visible.. sometimes  you just don't want to see it, sometimes they actually obscure the object being worked on.

thank you

• 8 months later...

Could there be an option to hide control handles and the bounding box of a selected object? the benefit would be while adjusting color, shading, etcs..some times it's hard to see what's going on with the handles and bounding boxes visible.. sometimes  you just don't want to see it, sometimes they actually obscure the object being worked on.

thank you

Has anyone suggested that it would be a good idea to have an object's bounding box handles to always be in view when being moved? It would make it easier to line up objects with guides and construction lines. Currently they disappear when moved.

If voting made any difference it wouldn't be allowed!

Rules are for the guidance of wise men and the obedience of fools.

To be ignorant of world happenings is forgivable - to be willingly ignorant is unforgivable.

Truth does not need to be protected only lies do.

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

• 1 month later...

Was really struggling with this issue today – nodes & handles & other tool's nerdy stuff obscuring the movements I was trying to make.

I would love it if, once you've grabbed something, and are commencing manipulating it, the Spacebar makes the nodes and handles & stuff momentarily disappear from view.

But imho something similar to Illy's 'Hide Edges' [Ctrl-H, Com-H] is _really_ needfulPlease consider this ASAP, devs.

- pbass

• 10 months later...

Show/Hide is academic when moving an object - there is no choice, the handles disappear.

As I said in my earlier posting above having the handles disappear when moving an object makes it difficult to line-up the object with guides etc.

To be ignorant of world happenings is forgivable - to be willingly ignorant is unforgivable.

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

• 4 weeks later...

+1 for having this

ideally as a passive feature

Let me use this example which illustrates the problem quite well: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/dapxqwlf118c13g/shot_161128_125140.jpg

- I have a rectangle with a stroke color

- I want to drag on the color wheel until I;m happy

- as it stands now I can NOT see the border color which is frustrating

- and holding space is not exactly a good solution: I want to drag until I find a color I'm happy with, right now I need to;  drag, see if it's good, drag, see if it's good, repeat until happy with result

The way I see this feature implemented is that once an object is selected, changing its properties should hide its bounding box

• 5 months later...

There's also the button on the Context toolbar to hide or show bounding boxes when moving the object...

Where? I can't find it!

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

As usual I couldn't see for looking! Thanks.

Mac OS Monterey 12.6.4

AD version 2.3.0

• 4 years later...
On 5/18/2017 at 1:09 PM, MEB said:

Hi jackamus,

Check the screenshot below:

post-59-0-24883100-1495105784_thumb.jpg

Can this be implemented with anchor points as well?

Hackintosh running Big Sur 11.2.3, Coffe Lake i3 with UHD630 graphics

MacBook (Early 2015) running macOS Mojave

iPad Pro 11-inch (1st generation) running iPadOS 13.5

Vista PC in the attic