You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Hi there,

I cancelled my Photoshop subscription after having a chat with a friend who recommended Affinity Photo. I’ve been trying to work on a document today and not having much success. I want to export a photo to pdf which will include bleeds.  I’ve checked the ‘include bleeds’on export and have bleeds set up in the document.  Unfortunately when I open the PDF the bleeds are not showing on the PDF. The crop marks are showing but they are marked right on the edge of the photo. I’ve included an example photo.

Thanks for your help

UkeyD

Hi MEB,

Aah yes you’re right I was mistaking the margins for bleeds in the set up. But there is an “include bleeds” check box when exporting so that would make me think this would appear on output but it doesn’t. What would be the reason for the check box? 

I found another post asking about bleeds in Affinity Photo with a helpful answer - that you can only do this in Affinity Designer. That’s good to know it’s possible.  I wonder if this would be useful to have this feature in Affinity Photo too as it seems like a simple addition when wanting to do a quick export straight from Affinity Photo?

Thanks again

UkeyD

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.