You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Multiple file export

I finally found how to do that but it is not most intuitive approach I expected.

To make image 320, 640 and 960 px wide I have to define three exports for my slice and set them to 320w, 640w, 960w. I can set them to: 320w; 320w, 2x; 320w, 3x either (and names are slice.png, slice@2x.png, slice@3x.png) but I don't understand why 320w is 320x188px and 320w, 2x (1280x762px in finder but 640x376px in Affinity Photo). For me 320w, 2x should be twice as dense as original which makes Affinity Photo size correct.

There are several things I don't understand about this. To begin with, if the original image is 4000x3000 px, it has an aspect ratio of 4:3. Specifying only a w (or h) value in the Export Slices tab should preserve that same aspect ratio, so for example using "320w" should result in an export that is 320x240 px, not 320x188 px, & using "320w, 2x" should result in an export that is 640x480, not 640x376 px.

The 4:3 aspect ratio exports are what I get for those export settings & Finder, Preview, Affinity, & every other app I have agree on their px dimensions. Likewise, adding the 2x or 3x multiplier exports works as expected, doubling or tripling the 320 pixel width & also preserving the 4:3 aspect ratio. The "@2x" & "@3x" file name suffixes are just the defaults if you use the 2x or 3x notation, corresponding to the "Scale Suffix" in the Path Component window that pops up when you click on the default file name. (The options in that window are annoyingly hard to see in the dark UI of the retail version, hopefully better in the 1.6 beta, but tooltips pop up for everything, so while it is -- to be kind -- not particularly intuitive, it does work as indicated, once you figure it out.)

OK, I just got a notice about the new reply from @grzessnik, but for what it is worth I am going to post this anyway.

All 3 1.10.8, & all 3 V2.4.1 Mac apps; 2020 iMac 27"; 3.8GHz i7, Radeon Pro 5700, 32GB RAM; macOS 10.15.7
Affinity Photo 
1.10.8; Affinity Designer 1.108; & all 3 V2 apps for iPad; 6th Generation iPad 32 GB; Apple Pencil; iPadOS 15.7