You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I frequently close the loop in the free hand selection prior to when I intend to.  This is frustrating because I have to start the whole thing again.  I've been advised that I can use the history tool to go back previous steps.  The problem is that the history tool (on my version) doesn't seem to acknowledge any slection points of the freehand selection.  It only acknowledges when I started using the free hand selection tool, rendering it useless for me as I it means I just have to go back to the start.   Are there any settings that enable history to record each point of the freehand selection tool?

56 minutes ago, dannyhealy1 said:

I frequently close the loop in the free hand selection prior to when I intend to.  This is frustrating because I have to start the whole thing again.

You don't have to start the whole thing again. You can add to existing selections at any time: just make sure that the 'Add' button on the Context toolbar is active before you start making another selection.

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)