stldoug

Sample Shirt and Print Designs

I create t-shirts and prints in my spare time from doing web design. Here are a few samples of my work.

XbuDtsX.jpg

My typical workflow would be:

1) Sketch my idea up or bring in photo elements into Affinity Photo to create a mock-up.

2) Refine the mock-up in Affinity Designer, since I will need to scale the design for different sizes.

3) If I need to create a halftone, unfortunately I do this in a different program, but I will bring it back into Photo to create the mask I need.

If I need convert a bitmap to a vector, I just use an online converter at http://www.autotracer.org (no affiliation) and I'll bring an SVG into Designer.

There are still a few things I wish the programs had, but all-in-all I love the programs. The fur on the Panda was done completely in Designer and I think that's awesome!

Very good designs. I like the skull with the glasses.

You'll never know what you can do until you get it up as high as you can go!   

AMD FX 8350 :: Radeon HD 7870 :: Windows 10 ::  http://mithferion.deviantart.com/

Oxygen Icons :: Free Quality Fonts :: Public Domain Pictures :: iOS 11 Design Resources :: iOS App Icon Template :: Hot to do High Quality Art :: Mesh Warp / Distort Tool Considerations

5 hours ago, Mithferion said:

Very good designs. I like the skull with the glasses.

Thanks! Yeah, the skull "cracks" where just a series of lightning brushes, overlaid on top of each other. All the shading was done in Designer.

7 hours ago, limas.design said:

I guess you like voleyball very much. :D I would love to see how they look on shirts.Very nice work!

Haha... just a little! I have a Panda too! xD 

Here's my skull with green aviators on a shirt:

skull-shirt.png