You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Not so good - first two day shoot +AP

My first two day shoot and 1200 images in Raf.

Culling not bad using FRV buy AP not good enough for bulk editing Raf. files. V Very slow at most things.

Used iFoto Convertor in the end to get jpegs/signed from 200+ Raf. files.

AP handled the few jpegs edits I needed and obviously posting was no problem for our super site.

If I just shot jpegs (hi quality) it would not be much of a problem but the grinding lack of speed with the Rafs. is soul destroying.

As the number of shoots will only increase (theres confidence for you) I am thinking of using an available CC licence that has been offered to me Gratis..  This will mean going back to my MacPro..

My backup at the shoot took nearly 2000 shots and finished her editing a full day ahead of me. She shoots large jpegs on Nikons, but a whole day???

Thoughts anyone.

Will Serif sort the slow Raf handling or will I have to, unwillingly, return to Adobe for the foreseeable future?

Not happy bunny - money spent and may have to go backwards to get the job done. Back to Adobe that is.

Regards.  Sharkey

ps:- not meant to be a shock horror post - just sayin!

MacPro (late 2013), 24Gb Ram, D300GPU, Eizo 24",1TB Samsung 850 Archive, 2x2Tb Time Machine,X-t2 plus 50-140mm & 18-55mm. AP, FRV & RawFile Converter (Silkypix).

AP is just the wrong tool for 1200 photos or even 200

Adobe has LR and PS and LR is the tool to work on 95% of the images 

PS is the tool to finish <5% of the images in a high end fashion, that is what AP is

other than that RAW loading speeds are somewhere on their radar as well 

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/13792-dam-affinity-lightroom-killer-request/&do=findComment&comment=61067

cheers 

Appreciate the responses but the problem seems to me not my choice of using FRV and Affinity but AP being unable to handle the Raf files. As I said using 10mb jpegs AP is a dream to use. 50Mb Nikon files pretty much fly but with the Raf - sluggish is an understatement.

It is typical for me to choose a software just before changing my camera and for them to work - ish just when I need them to really "work".

Oh well, my fault I guess. Cannot be anyone else. The fact that I love the Fuji and Love AP just means it must be a disaster - right?

MacPro (late 2013), 24Gb Ram, D300GPU, Eizo 24",1TB Samsung 850 Archive, 2x2Tb Time Machine,X-t2 plus 50-140mm & 18-55mm. AP, FRV & RawFile Converter (Silkypix).