abarkalo

rotate canvas disallows smart selection brush

I really love Photo for iPad but this bug makes it impossible for me to do real work:  When I use the smart selection brush on an image on iPad Pro and then I pan zoom around the image the selection is gone and the interface is non-responsive.  I have to force quite the program and start over and just remember to not move the image - not ideal.  Just like in the desktop version I need to pan/zoom around the screen in order to get a better initial selection before I refine.  

I have the latest App Store version.  Also the latest 12.9" iPad and pencil.  I don't have the iPad beta, although I did send a request for Test Flight - wondering if this was fixed in the beta version. 

Hey abarkalo,

We were having some issues with selections that were causing the app to become unresponsive at times. I've tested this on my 12.9" Pro with an Apple Pencil running the latest beta and it seems to be fine. May I ask when you signed up for the beta? I can see if we can try and hurry up your approval to see if the beta has resolved this. 

What size/type of document are you working with? Cheers!