You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

FX applied to a group or Childs rasterized at PDF

Is there any way to avoid that a FX effect applied to a group don't make every element grouped rasterized when the PDF is created?

In other words, if you apply a FX (like out shadow) to a group of elements, as FX is a NOT SUPPORTED property, make that all elements that belongs to that group been rasterized. Instead of consider that group as a block (like shape).

The same is happening if you apply an effect to a shape with all its Childs. They become NOT SUPPORTED at PDF generated and are rasterized.

I know that can be designed following another rules, the thing is I have a big document with many pages and many elements with that issue (I didn't know that behavior at the exported PDF until now) and I would like to save time changing the effect in all of them.

Layers.png

PDF.png

• 3 weeks later...

I've discovered the same thing but I made it a point to not use a blanket FX on a group unless I knew the group would all be pixel based. I think of it as a adjustment layer that will affect all things inside. I think asking an FX placed on the group level and asking it to figure out which objects are vector and which are not would be a grand task.

Yes I found the same.

It is the solution I was asking for. Tell the system don't rasterize the items of the group or select the items you want to rasterize.

Another thing I found was that sometimes when you apply a FX to a parent the child also be rasterized (Honestly I believe that was a bug because happens randomly).

The last thing that happened to me was that when you create a group the system select to it "Passthrough" by default. That selection doesn't feel good to the exported PDF, sometimes gives you ghost effects, sometimes the crop selections doesn't appear, etc...

The solution os change them by "Normal".

P.S. Imagine that happening to me at 150 pages of manual. :/

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.