You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

The 4N6site.com site offers four forensic plugins. Two of these, Colour Deconvolution and Warping, are offered as 64-bit versions for Windows. The demo versions are free but limited to 300 by 300px. I tried both of these, but could not get either to work. They installed OK, but then came up with an error message, followed by the interface.

The warping plugin complained that my image was too big for the demo version when it was about 270 by 270 px (exported as a .png and re-loaded). However, since there is a warping facility in Affinity, this probably is no great loss.

The other plugin did open a cropped image (after rasterisation), but I could not follow the instructions, neither within the plugin nor on their website. This is a pity because it looks to be a poweful piece of software. I cannot see how you could perform what it claims to do in Affiniry (or any other sofware). It should be able to clean up old photos, detect obscured signatures and fingerprints according to the website examples.

The other two (32-bit) plugins are a FFT plugin and a 'digitisation' plugin. Affinity has a good FFT filter, and I still can't understand what the digitisation plugin does.

I would be interested to hear if anyone has had any joy with these plugins.

Windows 10, Affinity Photo 1.10.5 Designer 1.10.5 and Publisher 1.10.5 (mainly Photo), now ex-Adobe CC

CPU: AMD A6-3670. RAM: 16 GB DDR3 @ 666MHz, Graphics: 2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 630