Affinity Photo 1.6.5.135, Affinity Designer 1.6.5.135. Affinity Store.
Windows 10 Pro, Version 1809, Build 17763.195.
Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080.

That video demonstrates the 'Power Duplicate' feature, which transforms copies of the original object. It doesn't distribute objects along an arbitrary path.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 • Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.12.86 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.4.45 • iOS 12.2 (iPad Air 2)

Alfred: Yes, this is not an arbitrary path, but telemax Fig. 2 and 3 is not only distribution of objects, and transformation (rotation, size) is also required.

Affinity Photo 1.6.5.135, Affinity Designer 1.6.5.135. Affinity Store.
Windows 10 Pro, Version 1809, Build 17763.195.
Latitude E5570, i5-6440HQ 2.60 GHz, 8 GB, Intel HD Graphics 530, 1920 x 1080.

I haven't tried it, Pšenda, but I don't think the size changes in Fig. 2 or the rotations in Fig. 3 can be achieved by simply power duplicating without manual intervention. The last three circles in Fig. 2 look much smaller than the first four, and the rotation of the last three rectangles in Fig. 3 looks greater than the rotation of the first three.

Alfred online2long.gif
Affinity Designer 1.6.5.123 • Affinity Photo 1.6.5.123 • Windows 10 Home (4th gen Core i3 CPU)
Affinity Photo for iPad 1.6.12.86 • Affinity Designer for iPad 1.6.4.45 • iOS 12.2 (iPad Air 2)

My preference for this kind of thing is a Cloner object with a child symbol and path, and distribution and transform controls. We would be able to edit the object at any time, like the boolean Compound object already in AD.

This is where software/scripting would come in handy, I guess.

Regards, Binc

Warning: dark, twisted sense of humour.  Do not feed after midnight.

Wheat and BS intolerant.  Only use genuine Guinness to lubricate.

While it is not a vector along a path and you can't interact with it, you can create a raster brush image and then have the image brush run along the path. Not great if you want to resize a vector design as the brush is a raster image. But if you initially make your image (say a round ball) to the size you expect to use it, save the object as an image and use that as a brush, you can then have it follow a path, you can then manipulate the path, etc. 

It is a work around. Albeit not a perfect one. 

On 3/20/2019 at 4:16 PM, mfarooqi said:

any plan in next coming updates?

The only thing costumers know is that it is not available and that development of new features takes forever. If you are not already working around this limitation you can

• get it for free in Inkscape
  • get it for only £40 in Xara Photo and Graphics Designer (reduced price in April, Windows only)

From a trial version of Xara - examples took me a minute to create. Export to PDF and import in AD. 

RnjdMnD.png

Envelope distortion (also missing feature in AD) is just a click away too:

bR6aaAc.png

About Serif Software (external link)