You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Image Quality Issuue

Hi,

I would like to ask if there's a way that the quality of the image that I exported from ipad will be the same as the quality exported from the Mac/Laptop? Because I been trying to post directly to my facebook page those images exported from ipad using affinity photo but the quality is not that great even I already adjust its sharpness and clarity compare to those images exported from Mac/Laptop. I tried already the high pass filter, sharpness but I can't achieve d the quality that Mac/laptop can do. My number 1 reason why I choose to shift from PS to Affinity Photo is the portability that's why I hope that I can sort this issue. But I'm really impress about the capability of this app because I can do everything here like PS except on the image quality output. 

Thanks a lot for the help in advance!

Thanks a lot @DWright for response. I always exported JPEG format both from my laptop and here in my laptop but their quality are far from each other once I uploaded it in my facebook page. Actually before my editing process was through my Mac using LR and PS but now I'm just using my ipad pro to do my post processing. I'm quite happy about my new post processing except only on the sharpness or the output result. 

3 minutes ago, DWright said:

Facebook automatically resize and formats photos when they are uploaded this link is to their help centre page that has the recommended sizes for photos to be shown in high quality

Actually I'm aware of that because I used facebook most of the time to share my outputs. Even though that's what really happened, I still able to posted high quality image using my Mac. I can attained this if I posted it directly from my Mac. But when I'm uploading it directly from my ipad pro, that's not happening. I hope your getting my point. 

I really hope that there's a way to solve this so that I don't need to used my MAC to achieved what I need.  That's why for the meantime, I just used my affinity photo (through ipad pro) to edit my raw files then I'll just exported it to my Mac for final output processing to have a high quality images. But this kind of processing is very hussle for me. 

• 3 weeks later...

I would like to follow up this issue since I'm still struggling about the final output of my image. Is there's a way to achieve the same output here in Affinity Photo in terms of sharpness that I usually get from Lightroom and Photoshop? Because my current workflow is Editing (affinity Photo), Sharpening and Image Developing(Photoshop on Mac)