You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Transparent border after resizing and pasting from clipboard

Hi,

This might be a dumb question, I normally use photoshop / illustrator on a pretty basic level and am trying out the Affinity software.

Anyway, when opening up a PNG/JPG in the Affinity software, resizing it by selecting 'Document setup' and changing the dimensions, and then selecting a part of the image with the Marquee tool, copying and pasting it with 'New from clipboard'. The new image has a transparent border as if I selected it using the feather option. It might be my lack of knowledge but I have no idea why this is happening, or how to disable this select option.

When I paste it into Photoshop for example it also has this border, so I guess the error I (or the software) make is during the selecting/copying with the Marquee tool.

I have provided some screenshots for clarity, hope someone can shed some light on this.

2017-08-31_15-02-31.png.f0316181cb3c3555013f1c2491ae81e4.png

2017-08-31_15-03-14.png

2017-08-31_15-03-52.png

2017-08-31_15-04-01.png

2017-08-31_15-04-14.png

Hi DWright,

Thanks for the reply.

The original image is 300 by 300 pixels, then I resize to 200 by 200, and select ( for example ) a 70 by 70 pixel area with the marquee tool. When I paste that from clipboard however, the new image is 70,7 by 70,7 pixels, with a transparent border.

• 3 years later...

I'm getting this behaviour on Windows 10 with Affinity Photo 1.9.2.1035.

My process:

1. 1. I have the pixel lock (magnet icon) selected.
  2. I select a box
  3. Change the selection settings to 0, 0, 400 x 400.
  4. Copy
  5. Create new image from clipboard

My new image has a few pixels transparent border around it.

Was there a resolution?

Edited by Pete_m
Adding more information

2 hours ago, Pete_m said:

Was there a resolution?

This pasteboard bug still exists. There was a thread just recently, but I can't find it. The issue was logged as a bug, however, as far as I remember.

MacBookAir 15": MacOS Ventura > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // MacBookPro 15" mid-2012: MacOS El Capitan > Affinity v1 / MacOS Catalina > Affinity v1, v2, v2 beta // iPad 8th: iPadOS 16 > Affinity v2

15 hours ago, loukash said:

This pasteboard bug still exists. There was a thread just recently, but I can't find it. The issue was logged as a bug, however, as far as I remember.

Thanks for the response. Currently pasting a larger area and then trimming the canvas size in the new image. But it's pretty frustrating :)