You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Photo to iCloud save?

Hello,

I have have below a couple of questions how iCloud works with the Photo app. Just for heads up information on running Photo on a first gen iPad Pro iOS 10.3.3 and Affinity Photo on macOS 10.12.6

I was wondering how saves work with iCloud Drive? on the Mac version your able to save a file within the iCloud Drive folder for "Affinity Photo" But dose this auto sync up to the IOS? So should it show up within the project window on the IOS version or do I need to import from cloud?

On top of this is it meant to work the other way around any project saved on the IOS version should show up on the Mac within the iCloud file or do I need to export as "save as copy"?

If I'm meant to "Save as a copy" to get it on the Mac side how come the "Affinity Photo" folder greyed out?

Thank you for your time and I hope you have a great day.

c14a84770b0aac1bd123b13fbd7e3f16.png            Andrew Salfinger
Made by Campfire - Graphic Designer 

W: www.madebycampfire.com
E: hello@madebycampfire.com
T: https://twitter.com/madebycampfire

• Staff

Hi shizumiaoki,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
After saving the file in the desktop version to a folder on iCloud you can access it tapping the Plus icon in the Welcome Screen on the iPad version and selecting Import from iCloud. Then browse to the folder where you have saved the file to open it. To save an afphoto file from the iPad version to the iCloud, tap the document icon on the top of the interface and select Save A Copy, tap Save in the next screen after giving the file a name then select the folder where you want to save it in iCloud. You can then access it from your desktop computer going to the respective iCloud folder.

Regarding the greyed out Affinity Photo folder when saving on iPad seems there's still some issues here we need to look into.

4 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi shizumiaoki,

Welcome to Affinity Forums :)
After saving the file in the desktop version to a folder on iCloud you can access it tapping the Plus icon in the Welcome Screen on the iPad version and selecting Import from iCloud. Then browse to the folder where you have saved the file to open it. To save an afphoto file from the iPad version to the iCloud, tap the document icon on the top of the interface and select Save A Copy, tap Save in the next screen after giving the file a name then seledct the folder where you want to save it in iCloud. You can then access it from your desktop going to the respective iCloud folder.

Regarding the greyed out Affinity Photo folder seems there's still some issues here we need to look into.

Okay so there is no way to auto sync files up? Thanks for the help tho ^-^

2 hours ago, MEB said:

No, currently there's no way to auto sync .afphoto files.

hmm.. okay would love to be able to do this. But thank you for the help.