LudoE

Red pixels on RAW files

Hello .

When i open some pictures in RAW ( .CR2 from Canon eos 70D ) in Affinity Photo, i have some red pixels on picture .

Nothing in Apple photo, nothing in Photoshop Elements ...

Same problem on my iMac and my MacBook Pro ... ( macOS 10.12.6 on each )

Any idea to solve the problem  ?

Thanks .

Capture d’écran Afinity.jpg

Capture d’écran 2Photoshop.jpg

Hi LudoE

I've tried an image from the 70D here and I'm not getting any red pixels. Are you able to provide a link to the image you are getting this with. Is it on all images form your camera or just the one in your screenshots?

Cheers

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com

A start of solution, waiting for a real fix ...

The appearance of red pixel depends on the development engine used. With Apple Core Image Raw, no red pixels of visible.

If Serif Labs is used, I actually see red pixels.

The development engine "Serif Labs" does not seem to interpret some pixels as being "erroneous" and does not correct them ...

Capture d’écran 2017-09-05 à 17.30.54.jpg

I too have had a problem with "erroneous" pixels. I use a Lumix GH4 with MFT lenses. When I shoot night images, I get scattered red pixels with the assistant set to "Serif Labs" and off-colored pixels when I set it to "Apple". The same image in Lightroom does not show these pixels. I was curious if this is something with my camera or if it is a computer/software issue. Attached are screenshots and the raw file (not that great, mirror-less does not like low light). Any help would be appreciated, I would love to stop using lightroom and make AP my primary (Maybe not for this imagery).

With_Lightroom.png

With_Serif_Lab .png

With Apple.png

With Apple C:U.png

_1160624.RW2

So the official word from the development team is this is currently working as intended. The pixels are actually part of the initial raw file and we do not do fixes to hot pixels in our RAW develop currently. Not to say it is not something that we won't do in the future but that's the current state of play as I have been told

Thanks

Serif Europe Ltd - Check the latest news at www.affinity.serif.com