You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

An even more Confused Copy Cat

I posted on this five days back and, to my surprise, have had no feedback from the folks at Affinity who are usually so wonderfully prompt to respond. In fact the only feedback was another user confirming the same problem. 

My original post was made concerning the previous beta however it is still unfailingly present in 1.6.5 and gets even more bizarre.

If I create a selection with any selection tool and then perform a Copy/Paste (or Cut/paste) the pasted image is severely offset from the original Copy. In the attached images I have shown the original cat in magenta together with the selection. To make the paste clearer I have re-coloured it yellow. 

Now here's where it gets stranger. As long as the top part of the selection does not intersect the object being selected then the paste occurs correctly but as soon as the top of the selection intersects it offsets.

This never occurs in 1.5.2. I still have this loaded and have done direct side by side comparisons. So I then tried copying and pasting between 1.5.2 and 1.6.5. It works fine in both directions. The problem only occurs when 1.6.5 is pasting to itself.

This is seriously bizarre and seriously irritating as it affects Affinity Photo's usability to a very severe degree.

Any thoughts please from the experts?

ConfusedCopyCat1.jpg

ConfusedCopyCat2.jpg

ConfusedCopyCat3.jpg

• Staff

Hey DavidMac,

I'm sorry your original post did not get a response :$ I believe this is a regression and it has been passed over to development. I think this changed because users complained about the paste going over the top of the original meaning you couldn't see it but as far as I'm concerned this is how it should be. 

9 hours ago, Chris B said:

Hey DavidMac,

I think this changed because users complained about the paste going over the top of the original meaning you couldn't see it but as far as I'm concerned this is how it should be. 

I never encounterd it any other way! Well until now of course .......... ;)

Thanks Chris

This was also driving me nuts, just realised in beta 6, that while copy> paste a selection still offsets the copied area, really annoying.  Copying a selection then Layer>Duplicate Layer copies correctly aligned area to new layer. 

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.