You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Bad consequences of wrong DPI settings

I just found out that a full UI project I delivered was done using the wrong dpi. Thus the text objects on the exported SVGs have fractions of points (10.49999142pt instead of 14pt). There are some important topics here.

1) Changing DPI settings make little sense for Web and other UI projects since these are screen based. The obvious choice would be to use the current screen dpi;

2) The default value for all Windows machines is 96 dpi. 72 dpi is just for Macs;

3) I believe there is no simple way of changing the default values for new documents, so it's something to remember every time a new project is started.

I suggest verifying the screen DPI and use it for web projects, or at least show us how to change the default values if possible.