You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

UPDATE: List of things I would like adding + some bugs (will continue to update)

UPDATED: added more things to add.

UPDATED: added a bug.

Below are just some things I would like added to Photo for IOS along with some bugs, will update / add to this in days to come.

Things to add:

• group rasterise: I know if you have objects within a folder you can rasterise all those objects as a single rasterise layer but if would be nice to select multiple layers and rasterise them as individual layers instead of having to do it one by one to have them all as seperate layers.

• Quick share / export: When in the project view window "thing" you have the "3 bar" menu where you a delete, rename and so far to a project but having a quick share button to airdrop the project file to Mac or a quick export button to export as a image would be cool.
  • Two finger tap on screen: when you two finger tap on the screen to bring up the copy menu it would be nice to also have the "merge select" button here to for quick access.
  • Have the "Document" and "Commend" drop down menu be able to pop out so you have can them open on screen at all times.
  • Tabs: having tabs like in Safari, finder and photoshop allowing to switch between projects would be awesome.
  • Quick undo/redo like in Procreate where you "two finger tap" to undo and "three" to redo 
  • Quick eraser: One or more finger on the screen while using the brush tool to auto toggle the eraser 
  • Crop image (not crop canvas) having a second crop tool, so on top of cropping the hole canvas have a may to just crop an image, like in "illustrator" where you select an image and click "Crop Image" this allows you to just crop an image making it easier then having to mask the image.
  • When you move a layer, if you have a long list of layers being able to hold the layer with on finger then the other to swipe down the layer panel making it easier to quickly move that layer
  • Able to delete a hole folder without having to enter the file and have to delete each file one by one.
  • Multi select files at once to delete more the one file at a time.
  • Click hole on a project and then move it up to the “<“ back arrow to move it out of a folder.
  • Brush cursor like in photoshop so you know how large the brush size it at all times while drawing.
  • Allowing to have more then one panel open at a time.
  • Being able to customise the order in witch the panel icons are places along with being able to move other items around such as undo, if you have the UI set to left hand mode, the undo button move to the left hand side but I would like to move just this to the right side.
  • Having a pop out tool window like in photoshop so I have feel freedom on where this is placed.
  • Clipper mask to be more like photoshop, at the moment it works like this select a layer and move it to the middle of another layer this allows it to create a clip mask.  This works great on a single object but dose not seem to work on groups (that I know of) so being able to do it another way like for example with photoshop where you alt click on a layer and a folder it will effect all objects within that folder.
  • Smart objects (again this could be in it tho I am unsure how to do it at this point in time)

Bugs:

• merging 5 or more layers, if I try and merge more then 5 layers at a time with "merge selection" it dose not seem to work.
  • app crashes a lot for me.

What are some things you would like added to Photo with IOS11 coming just around the corner. Or maybe what bugs have you found?

c14a84770b0aac1bd123b13fbd7e3f16.png            Andrew Salfinger
Made by Campfire - Graphic Designer 

W: www.madebycampfire.com
E: hello@madebycampfire.com
T: https://twitter.com/madebycampfire

• Staff
1 minute ago, shizumiaoki said:

Bugs:

Using the “eye dropper tool dose not always select the colour, sometimes I need to open the colour panel and select it from the colour picker side (on the right) witch move it into the current colour being used.

Hi shizumiaoki,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

This is by design. If you use the Colour Picker Tool from the left panel it will pick the colour immediately if you have Auto-apply checked (its circle must be outlined with a thin grey stroke) on the context toolbar on the bottom. If you use the colour-picker on the different panels you must click the small colour well near its icon to turn the picked colour into the current active colour.

1 minute ago, MEB said:

Hi shizumiaoki,
Welcome to Affinity Forums :)

This is by design. If you use the Colour Picker Tool from the left panel it will pick the colour immediately if you have Auto-apply checked (its circle must be outlined with a thin grey stroke) on the context toolbar on the bottom. If you use the colour-picker on the different panels you must click the small colour well near its icon to turn the picked colour into the current active colour.

Oh okay, thats good to know then ^-^ thanks for the input.

c14a84770b0aac1bd123b13fbd7e3f16.png            Andrew Salfinger
Made by Campfire - Graphic Designer 

W: www.madebycampfire.com
E: hello@madebycampfire.com
T: https://twitter.com/madebycampfire