You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Customer Beta - 1.6.5 (Beta 5)

Hi!

Great job!

One issue I've found: for brushes with texture set to Nozzle mode the preview is broken (shows a flat brush).

Check for example DAUB Bristles > Large Textured Gouache (the third from the bottom).

Texture works but it is not displayed anymore.

The white dog, making tools for artists, illustrators and doodlers

I ran into this one (an empty layer row beneath the layer called 'Base'). I think it happened when i collapsed a Group layer, but i also noticed funny behaviour when simply adding layers, i.e. a text layer in one of the groups.

PS. This originally was an imported .psd file with smart layers in it.

C-63.png

Affinity Photo - Affinity Designer - Affinity Publisher | macOS Sonoma (14.2) on 16GB MBP14 2021 with 2.4 versions

^^ I've faced that issue too in Designer a few times

On another subject, I think there might be an issue going on with pasting pixels. They do not paste in position. Insert a photo and rasterize it. Put a selection box around a region and cut and paste it. The pasted region seems to be far off.

The website is still a work in progress. The "Comics" and "Shop" sections are not yet ready. Feel free to connect with me and let me know what you like or what can be improved. You can contact me here, on my contact page, YouTube channel, or Twitter account. Thanks and have a great day!

Inpainting brush bug

Inpainting just stops working and you have to restart the app to get it back again. Here's how to recreate it.

1. Bring in a pixel layer to a comp, so it has an alpha on its own layer (RGBA)
  2. Nest another pixel element to it
  3. Use inpainting brush on the parent layer - it works
  4. Create a new pixel layer on top - set inpainting to (Current Layer & Below - it keeps forgetting its settings)
  5. Paint on the new layer and it creates a direct clone of what is below, no inpainting
  6. This behaviour is now default until you restart the app.

System: Yosemite 10.10.5

Masking bug

Selections made in masking mode are persistent, invisible, can't be deselected and are saved to the document.

1. Have a pixel layer with any sort of stuff on it
  2. Move to masking mode (the one with the red overlay)
  3. Draw gradient to mask portions of it
  4. Select > Deselect
  5. Save
  6. Open again in either Designer or Photo
  7. Be frustrated that nothing you add to the document is visible unless in the non-masked area
  8. Deselect still not possible
  9. Only way to deselect is to create a new selection via > select all and deselect that one

On 9/1/2017 at 5:30 PM, Timber said:

Wow, all kinds of problems with this build, completely unusable. No tools, no Studio windows, no preferences access, splash screen never closes. Strange behaviors in AD beta too!

Just nothing works right. Mac OS Mavericks 10.9.5, Betas at least worked up to this point. - Timber

Screen Shot 2017-09-01 at 8.28.18 PM.png

I am having the same issues with this particular beta, no panels at all. I've got the tool bar, the context bar, but no preferences (not even the preference panel popup), no tools, nada etc...

Any update on what's going on here? OSX Mavericks 10.9.4

Cheers guys

Hi Retrograde

I think that there is a compatibility issue with the beta 5. I had the beta running OK on a MacBook with MacOS 10.7 until I installed the beta 5 and like you I had no tools or panels. When I installed beta 5 on a MBP running MacOS Sierra the tool bar and windows were all there. 

I don't know if it is intended that v1.6 will only run on the latest OS or if something has been lost along the way.

Regards

8 hours ago, MBd said:

Can you try AD latest beta?

i think they fixed something like this and AP just has less frequent public builds for whatever reason.

Hey MBd, thanks. Yeah AD latest beta is fine, just AP.

Fortunately I don't use AP nearly as much so I'm good to wait for a fix and just use the 1.5.2 MAS version. 

I don't believe this has been reported. I noticed a couple of times that, when you use the color picker (not the tool in the toolbar, but the little eye dropper from the color pane), the magnifying glass isn't closed and remains on the screen. I've added an example.

C-67.png

Affinity Photo - Affinity Designer - Affinity Publisher | macOS Sonoma (14.2) on 16GB MBP14 2021 with 2.4 versions

• Staff
On 26/09/2017 at 5:38 PM, RNKLN said:

I don't believe this has been reported. I noticed a couple of times that, when you use the color picker (not the tool in the toolbar, but the little eye dropper from the color pane), the magnifying glass isn't closed and remains on the screen. I've added an example.

C-67.png

I logged this a few weeks ago but it still hasn't been fixed. You can either do another long press with the Colour Picker Tool to remove it or the long (but sure-fire) way of doing it is saving your document and restarting the app. Sorry about this. 

It can be triggered by switching tools whilst holding down the Colour Picker. 

Almost a full month later and the current beta 1.6.5 (Beta 5) is still not usable on OS X Mavericks. No even worth trying to test other functions as it's so badly crippled. Hope to see a fixed beta real soon.

Encouraging the next beta update, please! – Timber

• Staff
4 minutes ago, Timber said:

Almost a full month later and the current beta 1.6.5 (Beta 5) is still not usable on OS X Mavericks. No even worth trying to test other functions as it's so badly crippled. Hope to see a fixed beta real soon.

Encouraging the next beta update, please! – Timber

It looks like this might be fixed in the next Photo beta as it appears to be fixed in the Designer Beta 10. Hopefully it won't be too much longer...

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.