You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

dropping image into an open file | size issue (dpi)

Awesome feature, will use this a lot!

But if you drop an image into an already opened file, it imports it much bigger.

If you drop it into Affinity's homepage it works fine.

Steps:

• Create a Affinity file size: 5411 x 2516px (size of the image bellow)
  • Open this via safari: https://unsplash.com/photos/QqSlW0a2Dwg (click the download button from here - it opens the high res image in a new safari tab)
  • Drop image in affinity
  • Check the imported image dimensions in the "Transform Studio" on the right pane
  • (update: and if you try to resize this layer to the original dimension, via the Transform Studio, it freezes the app)

Someone with iOS beta 8 could try this? and from other sources besides safari...

Thanks

Stuff:

• iPad Pro 12.9 (2015)
  • Affinity 1.6.5 (Beta 1)
  • iOS 11 beta 7

4.166 is that "golden" ratio of 300/72

Whenever you see that ratio you are dealing with one image that has been created at 300dpi and one image created at 72dpi, which is why you see an unexpected sizing issue

Unfortunately I do not use Affinity on an iPad so I cannot help any further (especially with the freezing, when trying to resize.)

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

5 minutes ago, carl123 said:

4.166 is that "golden" ratio of 300/72

Probably not the best choice of adjective, Carl! The "golden ratio" is widely understood to mean 1.618:1 (or 1:0.618, which is the same thing). ;)

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

OK, call it my "special" ratio which whenever I encounter it I know it's due to a mismatch 300/72 dpi issue

To save time I am currently using an automated AI to reply to some posts on this forum. If any of "my" posts are wrong or appear to be total b*ll*cks they are the ones generated by the AI. If correct they were probably mine. I apologise for any mistakes made by my AI - I'm sure it will improve with time.

13 minutes ago, carl123 said:

OK, call it my "special" ratio

OK, we can call it your special ratio if you like, although it does sound a tad proprietorial! :P

Alfred spacer.png
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for Windows • Windows 10 Home/Pro
Affinity Designer/Photo/Publisher 2 for iPad • iPadOS 17.4.1 (iPad 7th gen)

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.