You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Unable to import Photoshop brush files

Hi there, I've been trying to import Photoshop .abr brush sets, into Affinity Photo for iPad, so far without success. I'm using an iPad Pro, latest vs.

I've tried importing from the following locations:

• icloud
  • Google Drive
  • Dropbox

All files are greyed out and not selectable. I can confirm I don't have Adobe Sketch installed, which I read in earlier posts was causing issues with importing brushes.

Any suggestions would be appreciated!

PS. It's a very impressive program, great job!

• 4 weeks later...

An update on my earlier post - I've managed to work out what the issue was with importing Photoshop brushes and it was actually a very simple fix - for some reason the brush set suffix .abr was not included in the file name when I loaded the brush files to iCloud etc (even though it's included in the filename - see 'Sketch brushes.abr' file above) - Once I added the suffix back on the brush sets imported all OK. Worth noting as a possible issue for other users.

• 6 months later...
  • 1 year later...

I am having the issue of importing .abr file to affinity photo for ipad.  I've tried every thing I can to upload brushes to my ipad.  I was able to import .abr brushes to computer version of affinity photo but it's not working for ipad.  When I go to import, all of the files are greyed out.  I looked at the file it has .abr in the file name.  Please help!