You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

I teach a monthly class using a cutting machine so I am always on the look out for free SVG cutting files I can use. I have found that often these files have errors in them and need to be edited before they cut well. One common problem is double lines. 

This month's project had several score (dashed) lines duplicated which resulted in the paper cutting clear through when I did my test. In trying to delete the extra lines, I was having a terrible time clicking on the actual node itself and not its handle. No matter how hard I tried, I always seemed to grab the handle. Is there a way to turn off the handles when editing so that I am only moving or deleting nodes themselves?

If not, would you consider adding that ability? I do have that ability in another program, unfortunately, it doesn't have enough other controls - which is why I got Affinity. That and I used Serif products back in the day when they could make my dot matrix printer look good enough for me to have a business in DTP.

I'm not 100% sure I know why you are selecting node handles and not nodes. Are they all very close together?

Can't you zoom in? If you set a new view you can have one view (tab) at 1000% and one normal. Ctrl + Tab will swap views while you work and move around. It should be easy enough to select what you want.

If you deselect the curve, all the nodes and handles disappear. Select it again and you just get nodes. You can then select just the node as no handles are present. You can't select what isn't there. You can also drag around a node to select it. The node handles will appear as soon as you do but you will already have the node selected.

If there is another shape causing selection problems, lock it temporarily, then you can't select anything on it.

Windows PCs. Photo and Designer, latest non-beta versions.