You must now use your email address to sign in [click for more info] ×

Affinity Photo Beta for iPad - 1.6.5 (Beta 1)

• Staff

Purpose: Fixes, improvements, features.
Requirements: TestFlight Acceptance.
App Store: RELEASED.

1.6.5.61 is now live on the App Store and this beta is no longer available

Hi Guys,

The first beta of 1.6.5 has been deployed on TestFlight. The changes are detailed below.

You can download the App Store version at any time to stop using the beta - and download the TestFlight build at any time to go back to the beta.

1.6.5 seeks to adopt and fully support iOS11 - alongside numerous other fixes, improvements and new features.

Thanks,

Affinity Photo Team  :ph34r:

Changes this version

- Build with iOS11 SDK, Xcode 9.
- New Stack now supports RAW files.
- New HDR, Focus Merge, Stack, Panorama now support dropping of source images in iOS11.
- Dropping images into an open document now works in iOS11.
- Dropping files into the welcome screen will now import them on iOS11.
- iOS11 will now generate thumbnails and previews for Affinity documents.
- Popups can now be dismissed by interacting with the canvas (painting, for example). A single tap still dismisses.
- New “Rotate” menu items when developing RAW.
- New “Lock Children” switch in the Transform Studio (so you can move a layer but not the mask, etc.)
- Guides are now visible when using the crop tool.
- HSL adjustment now contributes per-channel adjustments to exported LUT.
- PDF import improvements.
- Mitigated Live Perspective crashes.
- Placing RAW files is now more robust.
- Stopped Liquify slightly blurring images.
- Liquify now behaves correctly on rotated images.
- Made the tutorial video player more stable.
- Numerous adjustment now do not pollute the K channel in CMYK.
- Fixed a couple of truncated localised strings.
- Fixed occasional lockup when loading files.
- Fixed occasional layer corruption under extreme load.
- Fixed issue where the size of the selection brush was getting reset each time the tool was started.
- Fixed halftone filter in CMYK.
- Localisation improvements.
- Numerous other small fixes and improvements.
- Help improvements.

I‘m still not able to store/copy *.afphoto files to any of my cloud storages!

I have installed:

- dropbox

- box

- google drive

- amazon drive

- magenta cloud

- dscloud (synology)

etc.

I‘m able to open/import files from there, but NO way back.

I‘m not using iCloud Drive and never will so.

8587D92A-1232-4CE8-92E4-40E933304368.jpeg

AP for iPad 1.6.5.61  on (latest) iOS 11.0.3 on iPad Pro 12,9“ (2015) with Apple Pencil- AD Mac official - AP Mac official

eagerly awaiting AD for iPad :-)I

27 minutes ago, MEB said:

Hi Muffins,
If you tap the blue link in the top left corner on that screen it should let you add (enable) third party cloud services to the list below.

No, that is the cancel-button. (Abbrechen in german=cancel)

it should be the right button, but this is disabled.

AP for iPad 1.6.5.61  on (latest) iOS 11.0.3 on iPad Pro 12,9“ (2015) with Apple Pencil- AD Mac official - AP Mac official

I really don't know if this is a bug or if I'm doing something wrong but when I use the smart selection brush on an image on iPad Pro and then I pan zoom around the image the selection is gone and the interface is non-responsive.  I have to force quite the program and start over and just remember to not move the image - not ideal.  Just like in the desktop version I need to pan/zoom around the screen in order to get a better initial selection before I refine.  

Has this been fixed in the beta?  I just asked to be added to TestFlight?  Or is there something I'm doing wrong?

I've been having massive problems making changes to blending modes and opacity on a particular layer. Seemingly out of nowhere a different layer will be selected instead of the target layer. So I spend a lot of time trying to restore the affected layer to it's previous state. This has been happening through several betas but it seems to be worse now. It is extremely frustrating.

Found another bug on this newest beta for iPad. The constant loading  of photos with a black screen has changed to the message saying opening photo back on the layer stack but no photo will open. The problem persists until the app is closed and  reopened.

2 hours ago, BeverlyE said:

Found another bug on this newest beta for iPad. The constant loading  of photos with a black screen has changed to the message saying opening photo back on the layer stack but no photo will open. The problem persists until the app is closed and  reopened.

Can you take a screen recording showing how to reproduce the bug?

On 8/29/2017 at 11:45 AM, MEB said:

Sorry my bad. Still have to install iOS 11 here.
It may be a iOS 11 Beta related issue and not necessarily a bug in Affinity since that screen is managed by the OS but i may be wrong here.

I am on iOS 11 beta 7 and the 1.6.5 beta. I too cannot add any services to the export dialog. You can however still use the share link to copy to other apps... can you verify that its a iOS 11 issue and not and AP beta issue?

Hello, 

I was wondering if I could join the 1.6.5 Beta for Affinity Photo for iPad. Chris B., one of the moderators, mentioned about it after a discussion about a glitch that crashed the app. 

Thank you.

-Simone

1 hour ago, Skm said:

Hello, 

I was wondering if I could join the 1.6.5 Beta for Affinity Photo for iPad. Chris B., one of the moderators, mentioned about it after a discussion about a glitch that crashed the app. 

Thank you.

-Simone

Here ist the official way to join the beta test:

https://forum.affinity.serif.com/index.php?/topic/41764-affinity-photo-for-ipad-customer-beta/

On 8/30/2017 at 10:42 AM, abarkalo said:

I really don't know if this is a bug or if I'm doing something wrong but when I use the smart selection brush on an image on iPad Pro and then I pan zoom around the image the selection is gone and the interface is non-responsive.  I have to force quite the program and start over and just remember to not move the image - not ideal.  Just like in the desktop version I need to pan/zoom around the screen in order to get a better initial selection before I refine.  

Has this been fixed in the beta?  I just asked to be added to TestFlight?  Or is there something I'm doing wrong?

Yes it was fixed quite a while ago in beta, and I think it made it to App Store too (v 1.6.4, 2 weeks ago).

On 8/29/2017 at 9:58 PM, Muffins said:

I‘m still not able to store/copy *.afphoto files to any of my cloud storages!

I have installed:

- dropbox

- box

- google drive

- amazon drive

- magenta cloud

- dscloud (synology)

etc.

I‘m able to open/import files from there, but NO way back.

I‘m not using iCloud Drive and never will so.

8587D92A-1232-4CE8-92E4-40E933304368.jpeg

It’s not possible yet to share .afphoto except to iCloud/Files app from my experience. I hope to see this feature too.

I‘m on the

latest Version of iOS 11 public beta from today

latest Dropbox-App

latest AP for iPad TestFlight beta 1.6.4.59

and suddenly no more Import from Dropbox possible!

File selection works but then no import!

• Staff

This looks like an issue with iOS 11. The beta allows you to save a copy to any cloud storage (DropBox, GoogleDrive, One Drive etc) with a 'Locations' button in the top left of the Save panel in iOS 10. However, it looks like they've removed this button for iOS 11. Whether this is intentional or not, we'll probably have to wait for the release version to find out.

Edit: At the moment you will need to use the Files app and choose Share (no drag and drop support for external locations) to copy it to your other cloud storage.

On 1.9.2017 at 5:38 PM, Andrew Tang said:

This looks like an issue with iOS 11. The beta allows you to save a copy to any cloud storage (DropBox, GoogleDrive, One Drive etc) with a 'Locations' button in the top left of the Save panel in iOS 10. However, it looks like they've removed this button for iOS 11. Whether this is intentional or not, we'll probably have to wait for the release version to find out.

Edit: At the moment you will need to use the Files app and choose Share (no drag and drop support for external locations) to copy it to your other cloud storage.

I just want to add the information, that nothing has changed regarding the missing „locations“ button in the latest iOS public beta 9 from this week. :(

On 1.9.2017 at 3:35 PM, Muffins said:

I‘m on the

latest Version of iOS 11 public beta from today

latest Dropbox-App

latest AP for iPad TestFlight beta 1.6.4.59

and suddenly no more Import from Dropbox possible!

File selection works but then no import!

And here nothing changed too.

NO IMPORT from Dropbox! :(

• Staff

Hi Muffins,
Until Apple launches the final version of iOS it will be hard to get everything working properly. There's too much variables here from the cloud services API/changes (to support or improve their API's for iOS 11) to iOS 11 code changes itself, this is all a moving target...

On 8/29/2017 at 1:17 PM, MEB said:

Massive improvements there :) Time to switch to iOS 11 Beta.

It’s not time to switch yet. iOS11 betas are a laggy, stuttering nightmare so far (at least on iPhone for me) and I’m concerned this will continue untill 11.1.

2 hours ago, Susurs said:

It’s not time to switch yet. iOS11 betas are a laggy, stuttering nightmare so far (at least on iPhone for me) and I’m concerned this will continue untill 11.1.

Here we are talking about iPads and specially about the newer ones capable of running AP for iPad.

And regarding my iPad Pro 12,9 from 2015 i can say that this the best iOS for this device ever, even in its current form of iOS 11 public beta 9.

i‘ll never go back to iOS 10.3.3 with this device.

• Staff

I Susurs,
I was referring mostly to myself/beta testers. This is the Beta thread for iPad. Since Andy is adding support for iOS11 features it's a good time to switch the OS to iOS11 so we can test these features there too to ensure everything is working fine when iOS11 is launched. For regular use it's better to keep the current OS and the retail version of Affinity Photo installed.

Just updated my iPad Pro 2015 to iOS 11 Public Golden Master.

NO Locations button in „save a copy“ dialog! Just „on my iPad“ and „iCloud“.

There are NO other Clouds possible for this function.

This is a huge regression from iOS 10.3.3.

Also still no import from Dropbox possible. Selection of file is possible, but then nothing happens.

I‘m no longer impressed from iOS 11, because if the locations (other clouds) are removed by intend and will of Apple, this is just not nice in any sense.

Important Information

Terms of Use | Privacy Policy | Guidelines | We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue.